Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who took the killer instict from pacman?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    I always wondered how much the ref allowing Margarito to finish their fight had to do with it. It's not very often you see a fighter turn to the ref multiple times, pleading for them to stop the fight. One of the worst jobs I've ever seen. If they were the same size, the guy could have been killed in there taking that type of punishment.

I think age has a lot to do with it, but looking at performances like the Mosley fight where he looked like he could have ended it at any moment and instead chose to play into the glove touching and chasing him around, it's hard to believe age is the only reason. I think he felt bad for him, just as he felt bad for Margarito.

With Marquez you could tell it was different. Those last two fights were personal and he had zero remorse for the bloodied, beaten up guy in front of him in the 6th round. But against Algieri where he was probably 10 seconds away from a stoppage in round 10, he appeared to take his foot off the gas in the late rounds despite not being in any trouble whatsoever.
    Interesting post. What are your thoughts on Pac vs Mayweather? Do you think he had the JMM level of desire and just couldn't execute well enough to make that clear to us?

Comment

JMM, EASILY.

I can't say it was Margarito because Pacquiao looked great against Mosley and Bradley.

After he got KTFO, he didn't pressure like he used to, extra cautious after JMM.

The agressive Pacquiao would have stopped someone like RIos, even Aligeri shouldn't have lasted that long, and PACQUIAO HAS FOUGHT BIGGER PUNCHERS, WILLING TO GET HIT SO HE CAN SET OFF A COMBO.

AFTER THE KTFO6, IT WAS GONE.

YOU CAN SEE THE EFFECTS OF THE KO DURING THE MAYWEATHER FIGHT.

Comment

Put Manny in with one of them walking mummys and you will see the killer instinct back.

Comment

Originally posted by littlemac View Post
          Put Manny in with one of them walking mummys and you will see the killer instinct back.
          Like Rios?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Counter punchers, especially ones with good right hands.
            Originally posted by littlemac View Post
            Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by Pago007 View Post
              The lack of PED'S
              Agreed. Die hard pac fans don't want to entertain this.

Comment

Originally posted by ElMeroChingon View Post
                JMM, EASILY.

I can't say it was Margarito because Pacquiao looked great against Mosley and Bradley.

After he got KTFO, he didn't pressure like he used to, extra cautious after JMM.

The agressive Pacquiao would have stopped someone like RIos, even Aligeri shouldn't have lasted that long, and PACQUIAO HAS FOUGHT BIGGER PUNCHERS, WILLING TO GET HIT SO HE CAN SET OFF A COMBO.

AFTER THE KTFO6, IT WAS GONE.

YOU CAN SEE THE EFFECTS OF THE KO DURING THE MAYWEATHER FIGHT.
                rios definitely. he was playing it safe (SAFE FOR HIM)

1 yr. layoff + got ktfo last fight

algieri he was fine. bradley 2 he just cruised.

Comment

Originally posted by MRCHOKEaMF View Post
                  AROD Lost his power when he stopped PED'S
                  Mark Mcguire lost his killer instinct when he stopped the PED'S
                  Was it COINCIDENCE that it left as soon as he started taking ped tests?
                  except pac was more ferocious and had more power BEFORE he was "SUPPOSEDLY" on peds.

pac 112-122 was a reckless, relentless monster puncher.

Comment

The request for random drug testing killed pacmans killer instinct.

Once it got too hot in the kitchen, he stopped jacking up

Comment

I vote Margarito. The drop-off after that fight was marked. Manny was in bed for like 3 days straight after that fight. I suspect if he and his team knew what they knew now they would go back and pass on that fight. It took Manny's prime overnight.

Comment

Working...
                      X