Collapse
No announcement yet.

If tyson dint go to prison.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Tyson beats them all, except for Holyfield. Holy edges him out on points in a very close fight. In a rematch, Tyson probably wins a decision though and then maybe one guy TKOs the other to finish out the trilogy. Bowe might catch him a couple of times, but Tyson outlasts him and lands more and wins a unanimous decision. He probably decisions Foreman as well, uses movement like Morrison did against him, but engages more toe to toe, like Holyfield did. He most likely stops Morrison, but it's exciting while it lasts and probably stops Mercer late, if not UD win over him for Mike.

Comment

The Statue With Clay Feet

IMHO Tyson's window of greatness was very small, his skills and focus had clearly eroded and all that prison did was solidify a fact. Tyson was a terrible champion insofar as he comported himself poorly. He was simply the wrong man to wear those title belts because he refused to accept responsibility for his life. Tyson, in the scheme of things, never had a chance at a really successful title reign. A champ doesn't just need to be tough he needs to be mentally strong and Tyson was as weak as they come.

When Mike was on a tear it was intoxicating to watch his fights but Tyson's fans should have focused more on the man, if they had they would have seen he wasn't worth putting so much faith in. They would have seen a scared child and not a "Kid Dynamite," they would've seen a very gentle and fragile man that loved pigeons, and they would've gotten a glimpse of truly unsteady shoulders.

When you peel back the euphoria and frenzy of the Tyson era what you're left with is a man that was, frail, imperfect but ultimately capable of redemption.

Comment

Tyson beats them all

I don't know why people are claiming that Holyfield would beat an early 90s refocused Tyson. He would lose by stoppage in the middle to end rounds or by a decision. This was before Holyfield started using copious amounts of PEDs ... he was still intentionally headbutting his opponents, yes, but I don't think it would've bothered Tyson too much during that stage of his career.

He was still the best heavyweight in the world despite that fluke disaster in Tokyo against Douglas. He came back from that loss with a great vengeance and was able to destroy Henry Tillman, the man who beat him twice in the amateurs, in a single round with one of the hardest punches I've ever seen. He also annihilated Alex Stewart in a single round with monstrous overhand rights and a titanic left hook. It took Holyfield 8 rounds in comparison to dispose of Stewart ... and heavy punchers like Foreman beat him by a close decision.

He tanked 19 rounds of huge punches from arguably the best puncher in the division aside from himself ... while Holyfield couldn't even handle Bowe's power.

He would beat Mercer by decision or late stoppage, KO Morrison early, and earn a stoppage over Bowe ... Foreman would be tricky though ... because of stylistic reasons ... but due to Tyson's speed and defense I think he'd win.
        Last edited by TysonBomb; 01-14-2013, 12:30 AM.

Comment

surprised that ppl think bowe would be an easy challenge. Hes got a gd chin an awsome jab and a gd uppercut inside. Stylistcly, a scary version of douglas. Dont actually know how many times hes been down in his career?
          Last edited by likeamulekick; 01-14-2013, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
            I think Tyson beats them all, except for Holyfield. Holy edges him out on points in a very close fight. In a rematch, Tyson probably wins a decision though and then maybe one guy TKOs the other to finish out the trilogy. Bowe might catch him a couple of times, but Tyson outlasts him and lands more and wins a unanimous decision. He probably decisions Foreman as well, uses movement like Morrison did against him, but engages more toe to toe, like Holyfield did. He most likely stops Morrison, but it's exciting while it lasts and probably stops Mercer late, if not UD win over him for Mike.
            Tyson dances like Morrison against Foreman? He's never fought like that, I doubt he was capable of it. He's always on come forward mode.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
              Tyson dances like Morrison against Foreman? He's never fought like that, I doubt he was capable of it. He's always on come forward mode.
              Yeah, thats not going to happen. Morrison fought a perfect fight and neutralized Foreman's power which he knew he'd be vulnerable to. For better or worse, Tyson is coming forward.

Comment

Originally posted by res View Post
                Sorry, meant to say he comes forward, but also uses his head movement, like he did earlier in his career and doesn't just stand there in front of him like Moorer did. I say Tyson would win.
                Last edited by Anthony342; 01-14-2013, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Tyson beat everyone until Lewis.

90's Tyson gets underrated a lot these days...

Fighters who are getting overrated:

Vitali

Fighters who are now getting underrated:
                  Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Skittlez View Post

90's Tyson gets underrated a lot these days...
                    He got knocked out by Buster Douglas.

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                    surprised that ppl think bowe would be an easy challenge. Hes got a gd chin an awsome jab and a gd uppercut inside. Stylistcly, a scary version of douglas. Dont actually know how many times hes been down in his career?

The issue is that we can't know if Bowe is going to show up focused and in shape. If he does, he's got the perfect platform to destroy Tyson. But in a fantasy matchup, I can't count on either Bowe or Tyson to come in at their best.

Comment

Working...
                    X