No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovkin should be in the top ten P4P

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    I voted no. Not yet. As impressive as he is, and as hard as I am hugging his sack, he hasn't beaten the names to warrant entering the top 10 p4p. If he beats Ward, Martinez and Murray, maybe.
    Maybe?????

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
      No clue. All I know is they had guererro top 10 and now broner and cAnelo but not Rigo LOL. Ring is the worst list
      Yeah, their list sucks but that's the one everyone refers when they talk PFP.

Golovkin doesn't belong on there yet imo. Proksa and Macklin are his two top 10 Ring ranked opponents. You need more than that, regardless of KOs.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
        No he shouldn't be in the top 10, neither should Broner, Canelo or Guerrero ( when he was there). I think they need to bring integrity back to those lists.
        Exactly. Well said.

Comment

I am also not completely sold on Golovkin as a fighter by the way. He did what he was supposed to do, impressively might I add, but I don't know how he'd fare against a fighter who would shut his angles down. It's hard to think of many fighters who would problem him in the middleweight division today, but that's because the division is lacking in talent. At the same time it feels means not rating a fighter highly because Bernard and Hagler would dispatch of them. I suppose what I mean to say is he's somewhere between good and great, I just don't know the exact position.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
            I voted no. Not yet. As impressive as he is, and as hard as I am hugging his sack, he hasn't beaten the names to warrant entering the top 10 p4p. If he beats Ward, Martinez and Murray, maybe.
            lol he'd have a decent case for no.1 if he beat those guys.

Comment

Not yet, I think he still needs another good win to be number #10 maybe.

Froch has a much better resume and most guys have him as 7-10 P4P.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                ring is crap. we all can agree on that.
                I agree with you, but we are boxing fans bro, for casuals The Ring is still the most objective and reliable source of boxing knowledge, they see Broner out there and think "he is the real deal", they don't see GGG and think "He's not on the list? Well, he's not that good"
                Last edited by Szef; 06-30-2013, 12:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                  He's not just winning, he's winning IMPRESSIVELY.

Many in the current P4P top ten are pitty-patting to unimpressive decision win..

Golovkin is clearly the best middleweight right now. He defeated Matthew Macklin much more impressively than Sergio Martinez did.
                  So is Quillin............he in your top 10 too?

How did Golovkin do against Chavez jr, Barker, Pavlik, and Murray?

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

^^^^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post

Quillan has been avoiding GGG because he KNOWS Gennady is the better fighter.

Comment

Working...
                      X