No announcement yet.

Devon Alexander vs Kell Brook Promo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turkas View Post
    Hope everyone in this thread will give Devon the respect he deserves after he smokes Brook in this fight. I doubt it though, there are still people on here that won't give him credit for shutting out Maidana.
    It's how Devon gets his victories that's the issue. If he can beat Brook without the fight turning into a clinch-fest, then cool.

Comment

We shall see, he smoked Urango and Witter both of which are more proven than Brook by a long shot.

As for Maidana the Soto Karass fight was months later so that really isn't an excuse for why people didn't give him credit for the win right after it happened.
      At JWW they were proven. Alexander's holding turned a lot of people off in that fight, but he did look impressive and schooled Maidana. I just don't think Alexander is that great a WW yet, but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
        It's how Devon gets his victories that's the issue. If he can beat Brook without the fight turning into a clinch-fest, then cool.
        I completely understand how people don't like his style, but not every guy can be an all action fighter. It is boxing after all so some guys actually do just that and box.

I think this is a big fight for Devon, if he returns to his Urango style and ability WW will have a new top guy on its hands.

Comment

I completely understand how people don't like his style, but not every guy can be an all action fighter. It is boxing after all so some guys actually do just that and box.

I think this is a big fight for Devon, if he returns to his Urango style and ability WW will have a new top guy on its hands.
          Cunningham is one of his biggest enablers, dude loves telling Devon to clinch. I don't have a problem with clinching, but it's become Devon's go-to tactic now, shit has gotten out of hand. If the opponent is getting close, use your feet or time him with a hard uppercut. I'm starting to think that he doesn't have a good inside game, so he resorts to clinching like Khan.

Comment

Working...
          X