Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Teddy Atlas: "Margarito will BEAT Pacquiao; Manny's wins came from FADED opposition"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teddy Atlas: "Margarito will BEAT Pacquiao; Manny's wins came from FADED opposition"

Teddy Atlas: "Tony will beat Manny"

Highly respected trainer and broadcaster Atlas, writing in his column in Boxing News, believes it's one step too many for Pacquaio and says size WILL matter this time.

He said: "Manny Pacquiao is going to get beaten by Antonio Margarito on November 13. I wouldn't be surprised if Margarito knocked him out."

Atlas believes Pacquiao's recent wins over Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto came against faded opposition.

"Clottey, during the whole fight - and of course I'm exaggerating to make a point - during the whole fight if he threw six punches, maybe it was 10 - but if he threw six punches, four of them landed. And they were uppercuts. Pacquaio's eye was almost closed.

"That is Exhibit A as to why I'm picking Margarito to have a hell of a chance to win this fight.

"He throws a pretty good uppercut. He really is the bigger, stronger guy. All those other guys Manny fought weren't bigger, stronger guys.

"So, in my eyes, Manny wasn't making the leap people thought he was. He is now."
    http://www.espnstar.com/other-sports...uld-get-KO%22/
    Yes
    34.00%
    No
    58.00%
    Maybe
    8.00%

Very Bold statement by Teddy, he knows **** about boxing in all honesty

Comment

Phew. For a minute there I thought Pac was in trouble.

Comment

Atlas is right when saying his wins came from faded comp.

Hatton
        Cotto
        Oscar

The only 2 who werent faded was the pedestrain Diaz and Clottey.

The wrong thing in Atlas prediction is that Margarito is also faded.

Pac wins.

Comment

He picked Cotto to beat Pacquiao if I'm not mistaken. All of a sudden Cotto was a "faded" fighter...he definitely picked Hatton to beat Pacquiao (I'm pretty sure).

He shouldn't make excuses if Pacquiao wins again, and neither should anyone that is picking Margarito to win.

My dad gave Mosley a huge chance to win the fight, I said the opposite. After May schooled Mosley, he suddenly said, "Oh, uhh...that wasn't Shane. Shane is shot."

Well, too bad. Bottom line: May won.

You can't say Fighter A is going to win, and then say Fighter A was shot after Fighter B wins. You can't discredit a win if you thought the opposite would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpaw Stinger View Post
            Phew. For a minute there I thought Pac was in trouble.
            damn if this isn't the curse

nothing is

oh well

Comment

i disagree with atlas favoring marg based on pac's recent oppositions. oh well, its his opinion.

Comment

This is good news!!

Comment

Teddy Atlas - "Margo's gonna win!!"...

*deposits check signed by one Bob Arum into his account*

...post fight..."Margo had no chance. Manny's speed was too much"

Comment

drop that bum espn...

if margarito isnt faded opposition then panda doesnt know who is

Comment

Working...
                    X