Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carlos Molina... anyone disappointed with this fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
    It's a featured fight on a PPV. So you'd expect at least someone with decent perigee at the weight, even if they aren't a big threat ala Senchenko.

This fight is a mockery to the paying fans, so Broner beats Carlos Molina inside a few rounds and what? Broner's back to his best? Who do they think they're fooling. He doesn't need to be in with a world beater, but a decent name and someone who has a remote chance of winning would do. Not a no hoper. Do you pay to watch a boxer or do you pay to watch competitive bouts? Again, this is supposed to be a featured fight on PPV.
    Like I've said before, fans need to make adjustments when watching boxing. Nowadays it's geared towards watching mere exhibition fights focusing on seeing named boxers look good. It's not about seeing competitive matchups anymore. It's about seeing stars shine. So curiosity now lies in which round the opponent is going to get stopped or in what manner. It's no longer about who will win.

Comment

I don't think you can be mad hes fight a showcase fight after a big humiliating loss. He might even look horrible in this fight, which i doubt but still besides Demarco every time Broner stepped up he looked bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
        Not close to the reality we live in but I just handed you loads of examples of fighters coming off losses who still fought good opposition in their next fight?

A top 30 welterweight....,or even a welterweight...or a guy with any sort of decent professional pedigree isn't beyond the realms of plausibility here. I'm not asking Broner to square off against Matthyssee, but an opponent with name value, and pedigree fit for televised PPV boxing isn't too much to ask is it?

PPV is supposed to be a marquee event. Broner v Molina would struggle to draw viewers on Friday Night Fights.
        I didn't think either of those guys stood a chance either, and those guys were headlining in comeback fight which isn't the same situation is it? Broner is on an undercard.

I don't care which soft touch Broner is in with, it doesn't matter if the guy has a name or record Broner will be put in a spot where he will be meant to look good, so you can either live with that fact or be worried he didn't find the perfect soft touch (which I find this an odd debate you want him to fight someone who is not much better but will get him more hype?).

Broner is not even on the marquee he is not even in the co-feature, but OK you want this fight not on PPV you know where it ends up on Showtime taking their actual budget as a main event, do you like that outcome better~

Comment

Working...
        X