No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Frankie Gavin Grabs Gold, Beats Junior Witter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Frankie Gavin Grabs Gold, Beats Junior Witter

Frankie Gavin is the new British welterweight champion after a hard-working performance was rewarded with a unanimous decision over Junior Witter. Gavin, 27, had looked wary of Witter's power early on but grew into the contest, landing the fight's cleanest series of shots in the eighth round. Witter dropped his workrate and hands in an attempt to lure Gavin in and was docked a point for holding in the 10th. The 38-year-old raised the tempo but had too much of a deficit to make up.

[Click Here To Read More]

Junior Witter is by far one of the most frustrating fighters I've had to endure in recent years.

Think that's the sign to head into retirement now, Junior.

Comment

Honestly I would rather get the Plaque than watch Junior Witter fight again

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post

Comment

As per his norm...Witter is to busy running his ball washer about Hatton ducking him rather than his upcomming fight. I hope this is the end of him, i really cant stand that *****.

Comment

Witter the quitter, the non hitter's still fighting? Retire already, and go away!!!!

Comment

You really like that 'plaque' comment? Haha. It was pretty funny.

Comment

Frankie should have been abit mpore impressive if he intends to go places.

We know what to expect from Junior. Alot of posing, grabbing, the ocassional wild lunge where he falls off balance but apart from that he does every little. Frankie just had to stick to his chest and the old man would have gassed. Instead Junior spent the whole of the 12th round on his toes switching stance because Gavin hadnt done what he should have.

The Hatton fight was never happening anyway so last nights result doesnt change anything but whilst Witter has a lot of haters and doesnt sell, thats no excuse for the fight not happening when you consider he had teh WBC title and they were local rivals at the same time. Hatton chose to face late replacement Pederson instead of the fight that needed to happen which was Witter.
                If Ricky was a true fighting man he would hide behind the excuse of money because the warrior in him would want to give the fians the big fight they want.
                Not saying Junior would have won but im aying I cant stand these boxers who hide behind their popularity as an excuse for not giving a deserving rival a shot.

Comment

That fight was so ****ing boring, witter is and idiot...

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X