No announcement yet.

Texas A&M University campus shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by res View Post
    Yeah it's Texas. I wouldn't make the same gamble about the origins of the guns being used in the crimes committed up here in New York.

Or California (some of the strictest gun laws in the country)

or Detroit

or Chicago etc. etc.

All cities well known for gun violence.
    When it comes to spree killings they're almost always conducted using legal guns. In fact I don't know of any where they were carried out using illegally acquired firearms.

Makes sense if you think about it: These killings are generally carried out by psychotic and socially awkward loners. They tried to set up a gun buy on the black market what's the betting the "seller" comes away with both the money AND the gun he was supposed to be selling?

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      They tried to set up a gun buy on the black market what's the betting the "seller" comes away with both the money AND the gun he was supposed to be selling?
      HAH! I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
        When it comes to spree killings they're almost always conducted using legal guns. In fact I don't know of any where they were carried out using illegally acquired firearms.

Makes sense if you think about it: These killings are generally carried out by psychotic and socially awkward loners. They tried to set up a gun buy on the black market what's the betting the "seller" comes away with both the money AND the gun he was supposed to be selling?
        I think your concept of the Black market for guns is a bit...overlydramatic.

Anyone who doesn't agree to sell only to persons able to pass a background check is technically part of the Black market, not Just Tyrone selling guns out of his car in the Middle of the South Bronx. There is far more of that around the U.S. than you might think (it's even a thriving business in the state of Utah) and prohibition would obviously enhance the Black market as it usually does.
        Last edited by res; 08-14-2012, 08:17 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X