No announcement yet.

Billie Joe Saunders ordered to make back to back mandatory defenses by the WBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by All in View Post
    Ggg not being ranked by the wbo makes no sense.
    Belt holders generally aren't ranked by the other governing bodies, unless they hold one of it's titles too. GGG doesn't have the WBO belt, or its interim title, so he's not ranked as he's a champion of another organisation.
    Last edited by Targaryen; 10-21-2016, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
      Belt holders generally aren't ranked by the other governing bodies, unless they hold one it's titles too. It's not exclusive to GGG.
      I know. In the spirit of a ranking system fighters should be ranked by skill level to be credible.

Comment

BJS can still fight Golovkin in a unification before honoring any mandataries the WBO may set forth.

But since it's Saunders I expect him to get injured again and lost the belt due to inactivity.

And since Jacobs is a little coward, Golovkin won't be able to beat his ass this December and possibly face Saunders in early 2017.

But this is what happens when you chase cowards.

Comment

BJS vs Canelo seems like good opening of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by All in View Post
            Ggg not being ranked by the wbo makes no sense.
            It makes all the sense in the world. Champs aren't ranked by other organizations. Why would the WBO change that just for GGG?

Comment

Originally posted by ComicDon View Post
              BJS can still fight Golovkin in a unification before honoring any mandataries the WBO may set forth.

But since it's Saunders I expect him to get injured again and lost the belt due to inactivity.

And since Jacobs is a little coward, Golovkin won't be able to beat his ass this December and possibly face Saunders in early 2017.

But this is what happens when you chase cowards.
              How is he gonna fight GGG in a unification when GGG has a mandatory with Jacobs? Unification beats mandatory but only before the mandatory is called.

And why would he fight GGG when Canelo fight would be a high profile PPV & Canelo can afford to pay him what he's looking for?

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                It makes all the sense in the world. Champs aren't ranked by other organizations. Why would the WBO change that just for GGG?
                Not saying change it for him. In the spirit of ranking fighters it's BS not to rank him or any top guy. Would feel the same about ward or kovalev not being ranked .

Comment

How is he gonna fight GGG in a unification when GGG has a mandatory with Jacobs? Unification beats mandatory but only before the mandatory is called.

And why would he fight GGG when Canelo fight would be a high profile PPV & Canelo can afford to pay him what he's looking for?
                  Like I said in my previous statement friend, had Jacob been able to find his pen and signed for the fight in December, Golovkin would have had an opportunity to face Saunders early next year.

But since Jacobs needs a lifetime worth of training (hyperbole) Golovkin will have to wait until after WBO tries to sell the championship to Canelo.

Now if Canelo wins I highly doubt he will actually fight Golovkin as he already has a track record of vacating championships in the face of danger.

And highly doubt Saunders actually keeps the title anyway. I see him vacating if forced to fight anyone with the top ten without a tune up fight.

The WBO are starting to become a joke with their participation in this fraudulent behavior. Trying to protect the redhaired chicken for another check.

And how can Saunders have two mandos in the span of 1 year.

Comment

But you said GGG should be one of his mandatory defenses. He's not ranked by the WBO so that makes no sense
                    Noted. My mistake on that comment.

Comment

Working...
                    X