Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are too many fighters trying to emulate Floyds shoulder roll?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are too many fighters trying to emulate Floyds shoulder roll?

2 fighters come to mind. Berto and Broner.

They emulate it; but don't pull it off. Are there any other "main stream" boxers I'm missing?

I seen Rodriguez do it and he was actually blocking a number of Ward's shots, the problem is they don't punch afterwards. Floyd is successful because he counters from it, these other guys just hold and stand still until they get hit. Floyd moves his arms subtly, shifts his upper body and moves his legs...it's not just the stance that makes him successful.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrios View Post
      I seen Rodriguez do it and he was actually blocking a number of Ward's shots, the problem is they don't punch afterwards. Floyd is successful because he counters from it, these other guys just hold and stand still until they get hit. Floyd moves his arms subtly, shifts his upper body and moves his legs...it's not just the stance that makes him successful.
      I feel like Broner has a static shoulder roll; he doesn't ROLL punches like Floyd.

Berto is the same way; there's just holes in his defense. It's not tight like Floyd's and that will lead Broner to his first loss.

Comment

Berto mastered it and made his own... the Berto roll

Comment

Broner's actually isnt that bad. Just because you arent as good at it as Floyd, doesnt mean its bad. Alot of guys its bad but Broner's is pretty solid.

Comment

Mike Alvarado...terrible

Comment

Broner is pretty good at it,so why did you mention him?

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
                Broner's actually isnt that bad. Just because you arent as good at it as Floyd, doesnt mean its bad. Alot of guys its bad but Broner's is pretty solid.
                I'm sorry but I don't see it. Broner just gets punched in the shoulder; Floyd Senior said as soon as he's in with a live opponent; the shoulder roll is out of the window.

The article is on boxingscene somewhere.

Comment

They are also emmulating his 60% arm punches and his low punch output. in other words they are turning boxing into a fuking fencing match!!!

Comment

Broner does it well enough that he should continue to do so, don't understand why you mentioned him, I've seen Broner counter off the shoulder roll plenty of times.

Comment

Working...
                    X