Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim richardson: "all of these guys underestimate pacquiao"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nazim has some of the best soundbites in the game.

"Separate the champions from the legends."

"You got it all, champ, it's in the computer!"

"Swim without getting wet."

Comment

i've been saying for years that brother nazim is the man, dude knows his boxing, inside and out.

Comment

Pacman is not as big as welterweights, those men are ogres compared to him. When 2 great fighters fight each others, size matters. I think Pac started at 112 but he was still a boy at this time. Remember the guy didn't have the time to fight a lot in the amateurs when he was a teenager.
        The difference in size between 135 and 147 is huge. Those 147 pounders walk around 160 and are much more skilled and powerful than Ricky Hatton.

When i talk about bigger weight classes i'm talking about a limit where Pacquiao's physical strenght and power won't impress. Those welterweight dudes tasted Vernon Forrest's power punches, Margarito's loaded gloves and Shane Mosley's leather. Oscar de La Hoya even said "Pacquiao doesn't hit very hard", and in 8 rounds of punching bag practice Pacquiao was never about to knock down De la Hoya.

My question would be: Could you picture Pacquiao beating Paul Williams? That's all i wanna know.
        Pacquiao can't fight backwards and can't counter with a skilled attack. Sure he has good reflexes and awesome speed but you can't compare him to Bernard Hopkins or Juan Manuel Marquez. Against Morales, he got outboxed and never a found a way to make tactical adjustments to reverse the fate.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Naz made a great point, cotto thinking he's the bigger man will be his downfall. That's exactly what happened with Hatton (I'm massive at 140!) and even Oscar. People are putting TOO MUCH into size and underestimate Pac's power. Cotto needs to be careful and stop looking at this fight like he's the bigger man, cotto needs to look at it like he's fighting the best fighter in the world.
          Exactly. This happens every time Manny fights nowadays though.

Hatton = too big. Was lucky to survive the first couple of minutes with Manny.
          Oscar = too big, fight supposedly a mismatch. Oscar is terrorized and then retires after 8 rounds, then retires himself from boxing.
          Velasquez = supposedly too big and solid for a former 126 pounder. Gets knocked out in 6.
          Morales = too big. Ends up getting knocked out. Twice.
          Diaz = unspectacular but another who was apparently too big, according to some. Pacquiao was not supposed to be a legit lightweight. Diaz ends up flat on his face in round 9.

Now Cotto is too big? We're supposed to believe it when people tell us this?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

I feel Richardson is flavour of the month but unlike other trainers he actually deserves the acclaim that is coming his way.

Richardson reminds me George Benton another underrated trainer, only Richardson is gettng his props now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cotto Rules View Post
              Oscar de La Hoya even said "Pacquiao doesn't hit very hard"
              LOL! You actually believe Oscar's horse ****?

Amazing.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                Exactly. This happens every time Manny fights nowadays though.

Hatton = too big. Was lucky to survive the first couple of minutes with Manny.
                Oscar = too big, fight supposedly a mismatch. Oscar is terrorized and then retires after 8 rounds, then retires himself from boxing.
                Velasquez = supposedly too big and solid for a former 126 pounder. Gets knocked out in 6.
                Morales = too big. Ends up getting knocked out. Twice.
                Diaz = unspectacular but another who was apparently too big, according to some. Pacquiao was not supposed to be a legit lightweight. Diaz ends up flat on his face in round 9.

Now Cotto is too big? We're supposed to believe it when people tell us this?
                I agree with everything except for the Morales part. Morales was clearly shot by the time they fought a third time. A prime Morales does not get knocked out by Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  I agree with everything except for the Morales part. Morales was clearly shot by the time they fought a third time. A prime Morales does not get knocked out by Pacquiao.
                  I'm talking about size, man. People said Morales was too big for Pacquiao.

Comment

Originally posted by S a m u r a i View Post
                    I'm talking about size, man. People said Morales was too big for Pacquiao.
                    Not at all. The size didn't bother Pacquiao at all.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                      Not at all. The size didn't bother Pacquiao at all.
                      Exactly what I'm saying bro. Smaller men taking risks and defeating larger men = greatness. Even if Pacquiao lost to Cotto (which I don't see happening) the fact that he's stepping in with arguably the #1 WW takes balls and he should be praised for his courage and desire to be even greater than he already is.

Comment

Working...
                      X