Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How come the WBA suddenly turned quiet about the plans to order GGG vs Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what's WBA's explanation. Can the media do some digging and find out why they're not doing what needs to be done?

Comment

$$$

WTF happened to their Heavyweight Tournament? Is it still going on?

Comment

Because....

Comment

There's hocus pocus going on with this shady organization.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
            Any response from the WBA executive why?

This certainly requires explanation. It's very strange.
            Almost as strange as when the WBA let Andre Ward hold a WBA title for 2 years without fighting. I didn't see your outrage then. In fact, I was one of the very few people to even bring the subject up.

I guess this scenario only matters because it is Golovkin, though. Never mind what the WBA do with every other titleholder out there worth anything financially..

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Almost as strange as when the WBA let Andre Ward hold a WBA title for 2 years without fighting. I didn't see your outrage then. In fact, I was one of the very few people to even bring the subject up.

I guess this scenario only matters because it is Golovkin, though. Never mind what the WBA do with every other titleholder out there worth anything financially..
              I don't get your point. You're acting as if GG is the most loved fighter in here. Man everyone starts a GG hate thread everyday. I always thought Jacobs is a step up fight. Shouldn't the GG haters be the ones calling for WBA ordering the fight? What am I missing?

Ward wasn't hated that much, I don't see the comparison. Nobody was starting a Ward thread everyday.

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
                I don't get your point. You're acting as if GG is the most loved fighter in here. Man everyone starts a GG hate thread everyday. I always thought Jacobs is a step up fight. Shouldn't the GG haters be the ones calling for WBA ordering the fight? What am I missing?

Ward wasn't hated that much, I don't see the comparison. Nobody was starting a Ward thread everyday.
                No i'm acting as if Golovkin has a hell of a lot of irrational detractors on here, whether its due to an anti-HBO/pro-PBC agenda, or a follow-on from the Mayweather/Pacquiao schoolyard arguments.

It seems the WBA are only corrupt now, or scrutinised for it now because Golovkin is involved in some way. But to answer your question of 'what am i missing', you're missing the fact that so many posters are only calling for a WBA mandate because Haymon could well outbid K2, leading to him being stripped of his title, given his HBO contract. The same posters who hated on Golovkin for not winning his WBC title in the ring, won't be the same ones who'll criticise Jacobs for the same. Its getting very old now.

There are plenty of worse examples of WBA wizardry in recent memory to use. This scenario with Golovkin isn't even that bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                  You said Haymon paid people off, now you switch it to "well maybe they convince the WBA to hold off so they can get more sanctioning fees"

Do you understand that's different then just paying someone off? What you described in your opening post was bribery, then you just switched to Haymon convincing them that they can make more money by not forcing a mandatory. Not the same thing and I assure you it isn't that deep, the WBA is into making money, they don't need Haymon to tell them how to be corrupt, they already are.
                  haymon was almost broke after paying VADA to find povetkin "cheating". seems like that is why they are trying to get all the money from the fight without fighting

Comment

Golovkin is clearly ducking Jacobs. He had the Russian mafia intimidate the WBA. Lil' G is scared.

Comment

Working...
                    X