No announcement yet.

Canelo Alvarez vs. Jose Miguel Cotto recap

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Canelo Alvarez vs. Jose Miguel Cotto recap

I honestly don't think Canelo has faced a puncher like Cotto and I'm probably the only odd sheep in the bunch that believes cottos power will be Canelos weakness. Looking back at the fight with Canelo Alvarez vs. Jose Miguel Cotto Canelo was on wobbly legs are eating some bombs and I believe that Cotto is a better finisher and if he was in that scenario then i have no doubt he would have stopped Canelo.

1:20 mark

Canelo still has horrible defence.Cotto can finish him.

Comment

This was years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Fuzzy-101 View Post
        I honestly don't think Canelo has faced a puncher like Cotto and I'm probably the only odd sheep in the bunch that believes cottos power will be Canelos weakness. Looking back at the fight with Canelo Alvarez vs. Jose Miguel Cotto Canelo was on wobbly legs are eating some bombs and I believe that Cotto is a better finisher and if he was in that scenario then i have no doubt he would have stopped Canelo.

1:20 mark

That was at 147. Canelo is a much better fighter than he was 4 years ago.

I think Canelo will have more trouble with Cotto's boxing ability than his power.

I got canelo by decision. But I think Cotto should be slightly favored.

Comment

this is old, canelos footwork is totally different and his skillset has improved...END THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
            this is old, canelos footwork is totally different and his skillset has improved...END THREAD
            I didn't know Canelo had footwork at all!

Comment

That's a 19 year old Canelo. He has become much better but he definitely gives me the vibe that he's the type that likes to punch, but doesn't like to get punched back.

Angulo and Kirkland are incredibly slow in comparison so Canelo really had nothing to fear and they were never in Canelo's class.

Comment

Mannnnn, this was way back when Canelo was fighting 140 pounders for a LMW strap. He is much improved now I believe. Still, Cotto will be too much for him.

Comment

Working...
                X