Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Admits Hunger For Ward Rematch: I Can Beat Him!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a big fan of Froch, but I'm not interested in watching a rematch. Ward is simply a level above, same outcome if they fight ten times. Anyway, Froch will always be aksed about a rematch in interviews, and what's he going to say? "Oh no thanks, he'll just beat me again." I'm sure he's convinced he can beat Ward, but I can't see it.

Comment

Saw fight in Atlantic City, NJ

I actually thought Froch was going to give Ward a tough fight, but the fight turned out to be an easy decision for Ward. Andre Ward was outstanding. A rematch makes no sense. Froch has a nice paycheck in mind.

Comment

Originally posted by mike gonzalez View Post
        I actually thought Froch was going to give Ward a tough fight, but the fight turned out to be an easy decision for Ward. Andre Ward was outstanding. A rematch makes no sense. Froch has a nice paycheck in mind.
        It's not about the nice paycheck, Froch could probably make more fighting Bute in a rematch in Canada or another go at Kessler.

Froch genuinely believes he can beat Ward and good for him on that, the fight wasn't as one sided as some make out.

Comment

Although Ward handily beat Froch when they fought, the options are so limited right now for Andre, that I could actually see this fight happening again if Froch beats Kessler and Bute again. I think Ward wins the rematch though, much like the first. Love Cobra still, but Ward may very well be the #1 P4P in the world right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
            Kessler doesn't want to rematch Froch in Nottingham. He'll use the excuse that he can make more money fighting in Denmark.
            Feelin' that avatar!

Comment

lol I respect Froch, he's a great fighter but Ward is on another level. Froch would win maybe two rounds the second time.

Comment

What is Froch? A glutton for punishment? I respect Froch but Ward will level him. No one at 168 is beating Ward. Ward should definitely move up to light heavy though.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
                  Ward will never leave America.
                  What's your point? Wards American, and just like most top Americans they fight here. America is where the elite fight so why would he subject himself to going abroad? That's like saying Oscar De La Hoya or Floyd Mayweather will never leave America. Same goes with huge attractions from other nations. Do you think Manny Pacquaio is ever going to leave America? What about Sergio Martinez now that he is a HBO staple? Get my point.

Comment

I just rewatched the first fight and the only thing Froch needs to win the rematch is a gun. He might get by with a knife but would surely win with a gun.

Comment

The only way Ward should consider leaving America is if they make it worth his while to do so in terms of money.

If Kessler wants to break the bank to get him in Denmark, or if Froch can pay him more than he would make in Oakland, then go for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X