Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK Homeowner Arrested After Suspected Burglars Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While I can certaintly see why those kinda laws are in place, I have to say that being in that kinda sitation your survival instinct takes over.

I live in an suburban area. A house between a main road on one side and forrest type area on the other side. Ideal place to steal from and disapear into the night. I've had strangers trespass late at night - and it's scary as hell. My reaction is always to grab a knife and my phone. While I hope to go through life without killing anybody I can safely say I would've stabbed the fools, had they started breaking through my doors and/or windows.

Comment

• I have my 3 vicious chihuahuas to alert me of an intruder.

They won't bite anyone for ****, but they bark at me opening the front door for god sake.

So that'll be enough time for me to grab my shottie in my closet and blast them if I see them. I'm not taking a chance, I'm not leaving the well being of my family up to the burglars. They made their choice by breaking into my house, they should've known the risks that comes with breaking into another person's house.

And by what I've heard, the burglaries here in Vegas are almost always armed burglaries...

Comment

• Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
        What happened to warning the homeowner before the robbery?
        I'm serious. A simple "Don't move or I'll shoot you" would solve the problem without having to kill anyone.

Originally posted by Chups View Post
        I don't know about the notion "stuff is just stuff". Robbers, murderers, they're both the same in my book. 6 years ago someone stole my car....till this day, if i knew who he was I'd burn his house. Don't care if his family is on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          I'm serious. A simple "Don't move or I'll shoot you" would solve the problem without having to kill anyone.

Believe me, that doesn't work. In most cases, armed thieves respond by firing shots at the homeowners when confronted. As said earlier. things could go ugly very fast from that point.

Comment

• Here are some real stories that might serve as a guide for people here...

http://newsdeskinternational.wordpre...lls-intruders/

Comment

• [QUOTE=squealpiggy;12475376]
              Because nonviolent burglars stand to be shot so they move into more violent crime. Violence begets violence, which is precisely my point.

The story in the OP is about someone shooting burglars in Britain. Britain does not have anywhere near the level of violent crime that the US has and one reason is that there isn't the emphasis on the use of violence to deter crime.

In the states they even use jokey references to the illegal sexual assault of inmates in jails as a deterrent! That's on top of the death penalty and the promotion of violence by gun wielding civilians. British people do not want to see the country starting down the path of armed resistance against (usually petty) criminals because the end of that road is more violence.

Despite this there is still this bizarre insistence that Britain should become more like Texas of all places!
              Preaching to the choir. It took you all this time to agree with me then? LOL That is precisely my point, being a victim of a break in the U.S is much different than Canada or the UK I imagine simply because they are carrying guns as well. You can't live in a country where only the criminals have guns, that's precisely why I have said time and time again, the gun debate is OVER.

Gun culture in the US is a bit like LARPing or Live Action Role Playing where the guys dress up like goblins and pretend they can kill wizards. It's a fantasy. The problem is that there is a critical mass of Wild West fantasists that have managed to turn that dream into a reality. That's the reason why you have so much violence while other countries (Canada being a prime example) have so little by comparison.
              Had to google larping but it's not a fantasy. It's a culture that has existed since the inception of this country. Having a gun was essential and that culture has carried on until now. I agree, I think it's a bad thing overall but wtf am I supposed to do? Walk around unprotected while criminals can get their hands on any gun they want, break into my home, rob and murder me as they rape my wife? No thanks, I will shoot anyone who unlawfully enters my home, no hesitation whatsoever.

Comment

• http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c3#...rnet-cafe.wesh

This is how criminals in America come at you, fully loaded with a gun. If this man didn't pull his gun and shoot the robber, I have no doubt he would have been shot and killed. They were masked, with a gun and their intent wasn't good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                  And??? Someone robbing your house isn't a good enough reason to start shooting people. If they were attacked it would be different.
                  What a F@g, so your going to wait till they are balls deep in your ass before attemting to defend yourself, pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    a warning shot in the direction of the suspect should be a fair warning...
                    My only warning would be the bang from my gun and it will be in the general direction of the chest or the head.

Comment

• A loud alarm system with flashing lights would scare most intruders away. Those who stay deserve to get shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X