No announcement yet.

Bradley vs Pacquiao reminds me of shane vs wright I

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
    umm....at the time this fight was put on, nobody thought shane should be taking on wright, we all knew it was a dangerous move and not only that, shane in alot of peoples eyes, lost that 2nd fight with de la hoya and alot of people wanted to see it again, not to mention it would have been for 10x the money that he got for fighting wright. i dont know if you werent following he sport at the time, but the wright/mosley fight wasnt some no brainer.
    Bradley had been kicked around for awhile for pac. And winky was making so much noise someone HAD to fight him. Not to mention he was a respected titlist in shane's own division.

I mean, your comparison coupd be any fight from history where a big name took on a lesser name with how many holes are in it.

Rarely do trilogies happen where one dude wins the first two fights btw. Its just a terrible comparison. Shane was moving on fighting tough fights no one wanted (just like the vernon forrest fights).

And c'mon, you really discrediting winky for the "loss" to vargas? Winky was waaaay more feared of a fighter than bradley is now. Not to mention that winky already had a belt at 154 forever before shane got there.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
      Bradley had been kicked around for awhile for pac. And winky was making so much noise someone HAD to fight him. Not to mention he was a respected titlist in shane's own division.

I mean, your comparison coupd be any fight from history where a big name took on a lesser name with how many holes are in it.

Rarely do trilogies happen where one dude wins the first two fights btw. Its just a terrible comparison. Shane was moving on fighting tough fights no one wanted (just like the vernon forrest fights).

And c'mon, you really discrediting winky for the "loss" to vargas? Winky was waaaay more feared of a fighter than bradley is now. Not to mention that winky already had a belt at 154 forever before shane got there.

i am in a hurry but re-read what i said about the loss to vargas, i honestly dont even think he lost that fight, but up to that point in 2003-04 thats really all people knew at that point outside of his decent showings against mckart and a few others on random undercards

Comment

i am in a hurry but re-read what i said about the loss to vargas, i honestly dont even think he lost that fight, but up to that point in 2003-04 thats really all people knew at that point outside of his decent showings against mckart and a few others on random undercards
        I disagree with that part as well. I think it was universally recognized that wright was the biggest spoiler that absolutely no one wanted to fight around 154 at the time. A bad style matchup for all the top fighters. Tim bradley is not that.

I understand what you're trying to say, but i think there's much better comparisons.

Comment

granted people love the idea of champions taking on anyone, but i also believe in properly guiding your career. this fight against bradley could honestly backfire if bradley comes in with the right strategy. bradley isnt as dangerous as wright was, but in contrast if pacquiao loses, he loses ALL leverage in a pacquiao mayweather fight, he loses his p4p ranking and loses his aura and will be stuck either rematching bradley or watch bradley take on mayweather in a war of undefeated's if mayweather beats cotto.

this fight had no build, no rivalry nothing, just out of nowhere bradley is number one. i sincerely still think pacquiaos team wont put him in with mayweather unless they want to cash out, but bradley doesnt make much sense either.

i hope i dont bump this thread june 9th by being right.

the **** is wrong with these floyd fans? when pac was taking on easier fights, these simpletons criticized him non-stop for cherrypicking. now he's fighting a real threat and suddenly they don't think pac is properly guiding his career. really? at pac's age and probably retiring after a couple of fights you still care about him guiding his career? fake ass motha****as.

i'm a pacfan but if he has to lose to bradley then so be it. i'm just glad that fight is happening. who cares about him losing his leverage in a floyd fight? **** that fight...floyd will always want the bigger share anyway so i don't know what leverage are you talking about? leave it to the *****s to try to spin it and put all the blame on pac when it's too obvious both sides are to be blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            the **** is wrong with these floyd fans? when pac was taking on easier fights, these simpletons criticized him non-stop for cherrypicking. now he's fighting a real threat and suddenly they don't think pac is properly guiding his career. really? at pac's age and probably retiring after a couple of fights you still care about him guiding his career? fake ass motha****as.

i'm a pacfan but if he has to lose to bradley then so be it. i'm just glad that fight is happening. who cares about him losing his leverage in a floyd fight? **** that fight...floyd will always want the bigger share anyway so i don't know what leverage are you talking about? leave it to the *****s to try to spin it and put all the blame on pac when it's too obvious both sides are to be blamed.
            man i dont know if you dont read what i post or just choose to concentrate on that one sentence but im saying, a fight like this could have waited until after the floyd fight, its a credible fight and one i will definately be watching, but in my opinion i wish hed have taken on floyd before fighting someone like bradley who is low reward high risk, the fight right now makes little sense.

cotto/mayweather makes little sense as well, its a few years too late and while i will see it, id rather see pacquiao/mayweather.

instead of calling me names and talking about how fake i am, read my damn post.

Comment

are we talkin about the same mosley who was accused of using illegal performance enhancing drugs prior to his 2003 bout with Oscar De La Hoya jus sayin?

Comment

Bradley is not that good people need to stop making him out to be some beast Ortiz and Berto and Cotto @ 154 are more of a threat then Bradley
                Last edited by immortal tech; 02-17-2012, 01:58 PM.

Comment

man i dont know if you dont read what i post or just choose to concentrate on that one sentence but im saying, a fight like this could have waited until after the floyd fight, its a credible fight and one i will definately be watching, but in my opinion i wish hed have taken on floyd before fighting someone like bradley who is low reward high risk, the fight right now makes little sense.

cotto/mayweather makes little sense as well, its a few years too late and while i will see it, id rather see pacquiao/mayweather.

instead of calling me names and talking about how fake i am, read my damn post.

you don't make sense at all. they've already tried to make that fight (pac-floyd) and nothing happened. at this point the best bet is that fight is not happening so what the hell is there for pac to wait for? floyd is taking an easy fight against cotto in May and then he's going to jail for 3 months. what do you want pac to do while waiting for floyd? take another easy fight? and then what? criticize him again for cherrypicking? that's bull****...pac-bradley is the fight to be made and this is the right time to do it.

Comment

Listen ts, the only thing even remotely similar is that Pacman is a star & Bradley isn't known to the casual fan. The outcome will be the same as Bradley does his thing to Pacman though.

Comment

Working...
                    X