No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gamboa To Be Ringside in PR, Picks Juanma By Knockout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 537Bwouaye View Post
    For no one particularly, don't you know what a cash cow is? Juanma could fight bums such as Mtagwa his entire life and his Boricua fans will pay huge amounts each and every time.
    . If Juanma was to lose to Gamboa its not like all of a sudden he will lose all of his following. Juanma vs Gamboa next year before the pr parade in ny.

Comment

Next year this will happen lopez is not losing anytime soon he shows he can adjust in the ring gamboa has not he gets frustrated and doesnt change tatics if juanma gets to get gamboa before soneone beats him juanma wins by ko and we will never hear of gamboa again

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
        . If Juanma was to lose to Gamboa its not like all of a sudden he will lose all of his following. Juanma vs Gamboa next year before the pr parade in ny.
        the following would only be part of the issue, the only thing that would be talked about on here is how he got exposed and bla bla bla.. lol

I don't know what the hell goes through peoples minds, if he looses, well damn it he lost to the best and thats it, i mean is that something new to boxing or what?

Comment

The fight will be made at 130 ppl. You can bet on it. And Cubans and haters are going to say that is because Lopez is scared.

But the amount of money that could be offered to each of them is not enough. They will not accept it. They know they can triple that.

Plus the division is wiped , and the only thing that makes sense is moving up in weight. It will get them more attention , more exposure and more money against each other once the fight is negotiated.

Comment

Originally posted by ny123 View Post
            He would lose most of his value. Unfortunately that's how boxing works today, fans are attracted to undefeated fighters, I guess Floyd started the trend. Otherwise you need to keep winning like forever to gain respect again, and you lose a lot of money during that time. Look, the money is there, and Gamboa/Juanma WON'T get bigger by beating other people than themselves. The only reason why this is not happening now is because Uncle Bob doesn't want his fighters to lose the 0... mostly Juanma because he has the higher value right now because of the national fanbase. If you can't see this, you're either Rican or you're being blind for whatever reason.

The only other dude they can throw in the mix to make them gain some value before they fight each other is Chris John... but that coward is hiding somewhere in Asia. The only time he tried to get out of his comfort zone it was against a low quality opponent that made him look weak as f*k... he got scared and got back to his lovely land...so it ain't happening. Gamboa-Juanma right now is the best option. People are already starting to lose interest in the fight, starting with me. I was actually more excited about it last year than I am now. And by next year it will be even worse.
            Last edited by 537Bwouaye; 04-15-2011, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Heart and Soul View Post
              The fight will be made at 130 ppl. You can bet on it. And Cubans and haters are going to say that is because Lopez is scared.

But the amount of money that could be offered to each of them is not enough. They will not accept it. They know they can triple that.

Plus the division is wiped , and the only thing that makes sense is moving up in weight. It will get them more attention , more exposure and more money against each other once the fight is negotiated.
              What kind of money are they looking for?3 Million for the fight?I dont
              think morales and barrera got that money in there first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 537Bwouaye View Post
                He would lose most of his value. Unfortunately that's how boxing works today, fans are attracted to undefeated fighters, I guess Floyd started the trend. Otherwise you need to keep winning like forever to gain respect again, and you lose a lot of money during that time. Look, the money is there, and Gamboa/Juanma WON'T get bigger by beating other people than themselves. The only reason why this is not happening now is because Uncle Bob doesn't want his fighters to lose the 0... mostly Juanma because he has the higher value right now because of the national fanbase. If you can't see this, you're either Rican or you're being blind for whatever reason.
                That seems to be the only problem according to Bob. That IT ISNT there.

But Im pretty sure if you say it its because you have been right there along his side to see the figures.

Comment

So gamboa is gonna jump in the ring after the fight is done... I wonder what he's gonna say?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                    Morales and Barrera both got $300k for their first fight.

They both wanted it though, I think Gamboa wants it but Juanma doesn't mind hiding under Arum's skirt. Gamboa should maybe throw the PR flag on the floor this weekend because we know words don't push Juanma into a fight, look at all the stuff Caballero said to him.

BTW I really like Juanma's fighting spirit and he seems like a real cool person when he talks but this is his second division where he hasn't fought the top guy/guys.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                      Is this PPV worthy? Yes

How many fans not including hardcore fans do you think will buy it?

I would say Arum is predicting that these guys can each make 3 mil or more including PPV. And it doesnt seem that unreal to me.

Plus you know what kind of slice he is looking for.

You cant compare Barrera and Morales first fight , it was 11 years ago. Things have changed you know. They would have tripled their money if the fight was being made today.

Comment

Working...
                      X