Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo's favouritism with the judges.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only bad card was 117-111 in the Lara fight.

The Floyd fight was a betting fluke because of the heavy dollars on Floyd UD. That had nothing to do with trying to give him a gift. I don't count that.

Cotto and Trout had a lot of close rounds that could go either way. In those fights 6-6 can turn into 10-2 depending on if you like activity or effective punching.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
      He's a mexican with red hair.
      So he's part Leprechaun?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        So, after another night of atrocious scoring in a Canelo fight, let's sum up what happened so far in this guys career:

1. Austin Trout

- I clearly remember this fight for one thing. Open judging. And it was bad. Trout was outboxing Canelo for large parts of the fight imo - I even think I had it a draw watching it live.

Slight win for Canelo maybe.

Two of the scorecards read: 118-109 & 116-111. Laughable cards.

2. Floyd Mayweather

- Was outboxed from start to finish over 12 rounds. Hardly landed a decent shot all night.

One of the scorecards read 114-114. Possibly the worst scorecard ever in a world title fight.

3. Erislandy Lara

- Canelo looked amateurish to say the least, following Lara around without really cutting the ring off and was getting countered quite easily, albeit by a guy with a negative style.

One of the scorecards read: 117-111.

Overall, it was very debatable whether Canelo deserved that decision.

4. Miguel Cotto

- For my liking he lost most of the early rounds, it was give and take BUT HE DID DESERVE the win in the end. However, I saw JMM calling it a draw - and I know he's shown bias against Canelo in the past, but it was more a draw than these cards:

118-110, 119-109, 117-111.

For fuk sake, one of the judges had Cotto winning 1 round. That's absolutely ridiculous.

What is it with this guy and favourable decisions? Honestly.
        Maybe the judges are too kind to Canelo but you go too far in the other direction and it's obvious that you dislike Canelo and want others to think as poorly of him as you do. The Cotto fight was not a draw or even remotely close to a draw. Marquez hates Canelo's guts worse than you do. Most neutral observers had Canelo beating Cotto 116 to 112 or 117 to 111. Maybe Canelo has a style that judges tend to like. He beat Lara and Trout and damn near chased Lara out of the ring. It's mostly Canelo haters who claim he lost those fights.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          If canelo/floyd were to have a rematch, canelo would definitely get the decision
          It's very refreshing for someone to completely understand my post. I would expect for Canelo to win a Floyd rematch as well.

Comment

I thouht beat Cotto clearly. Scores were about right. The only rounds Cotto won are the ones he looked less bad in. Overall Canelo was just significantly more effective. Cotto missed far too much off the backfoot while taking big, if sometimes flashy punches at a higher clip. Almost looked like Canelo was playing with him.

Lara just didn't have an effective professional fight. Canelo pressed the action and landed all the damaging punches. Lara would only win in spots but would avoid action for painfully long periods of time. It's hard to win a round you only won 20 scattered seconds in...even if they were good scoring punches. When the other guy starts to appear as if he's actually chasing you because you havent done anything in 30+ seconds it seems that much more impressive when Canelo would set him up and load up with huge thudding body shots... There werent many rounds you would rather have been Lara in. He took all the damage or at least perceived damage.

Lara wins an amateur boxing match but Canelo won a professional fight. Lara beat himself.

Trout was Clear. Competitive but clear. Canelo looked the stronger, sharper and more defensively sound fighter. This is the fight that showed Canelo's defense has grown leaps and bounds. Went from looking like he had zero headmovement to standing in the middle of the ring avoiding 4-5 punches in a row. Now he's developed a nice little defense. Reminds me of Chavez Sr a lot who seemed to hold their leverage and avoid damage without stepping away or losing their distance. That upperbody/hip movement.

Got off topic.

That Floyd fight was ridiculous though score wise...but generally Canelo's scores aren't too bad. He has a stylistically judge pleasing style as well and that helped him with Lara the most. He's flashy while also delivering more punishment so it's going to be hard to outpoint him by default. GGG has a similar quality to him and if they ever fought and it went to the judges it'd be tough to score unless Canelo dodged a LOT of punches which makes him look like he didnt just get hit.

Comment

Because he brings in revenue, especially in vegas. With floyd retired and manny following soon. He is the only guy right now that can bring in $$$. It's going to be damn near impossible to beat him by decision.

Comment

Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                How you get in red?
                Immature Pacquiao fans red K you when you say something they disagree with. Not even Klitsckho fans are as crazy as the Pac Tards

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
                  Because he brings in revenue, especially in vegas. With floyd retired and manny following soon. He is the only guy right now that can bring in $$$. It's going to be damn near impossible to beat him by decision.
                  Yeah if he beats ggg, he aint losing anytime soon.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
                    The only bad card was 117-111 in the Lara fight.

The Floyd fight was a betting fluke because of the heavy dollars on Floyd UD. That had nothing to do with trying to give him a gift. I don't count that.

Cotto and Trout had a lot of close rounds that could go either way. In those fights 6-6 can turn into 10-2 depending on if you like activity or effective punching.
                    I clearly remember the wtf look on Floyd's face from hearing the draw card dissipating once Richard whispered something to him

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      So, after another night of atrocious scoring in a Canelo fight, let's sum up what happened so far in this guys career:

1. Austin Trout

- I clearly remember this fight for one thing. Open judging. And it was bad. Trout was outboxing Canelo for large parts of the fight imo - I even think I had it a draw watching it live.

Slight win for Canelo maybe.

Two of the scorecards read: 118-109 & 116-111. Laughable cards.

2. Floyd Mayweather

- Was outboxed from start to finish over 12 rounds. Hardly landed a decent shot all night.

One of the scorecards read 114-114. Possibly the worst scorecard ever in a world title fight.

3. Erislandy Lara

- Canelo looked amateurish to say the least, following Lara around without really cutting the ring off and was getting countered quite easily, albeit by a guy with a negative style.

One of the scorecards read: 117-111.

Overall, it was very debatable whether Canelo deserved that decision.

4. Miguel Cotto

- For my liking he lost most of the early rounds, it was give and take BUT HE DID DESERVE the win in the end. However, I saw JMM calling it a draw - and I know he's shown bias against Canelo in the past, but it was more a draw than these cards:

118-110, 119-109, 117-111.

For fuk sake, one of the judges had Cotto winning 1 round. That's absolutely ridiculous.

What is it with this guy and favourable decisions? Honestly.

Lol, the only card i had a problem with is flat out the Mayweather fight.

The rest is meh.

Comment

Working...
                      X