No announcement yet.

The best ways to Relax in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The best ways to Relax in the ring?

I sometimes feel a little too tensed up or 'rushed' in a weird way. My can't seem to relax as it should do.

Whenever I relax, I do a quick movement seconds after, whether it's a jab or a quick step back.. so my body tends to tense up again.

My coach tells me that I am running out of steam quickly because I am not relaxing my body or mind... I find it hard to relax both. I do not feel fully comfortable in the ring yet.

Any tips? Does it just come with experience.

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post
    I sometimes feel a little too tensed up or 'rushed' in a weird way. My can't seem to relax as it should do.

Whenever I relax, I do a quick movement seconds after, whether it's a jab or a quick step back.. so my body tends to tense up again.

My coach tells me that I am running out of steam quickly because I am not relaxing my body or mind... I find it hard to relax both. I do not feel fully comfortable in the ring yet.

just comes with experience. control your breathing and that's the first step.

4 the noobs: just remember to breathe..........
    Last edited by Rockin'; 11-18-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

Fitness & practice. Plenty of light sparring then step it up

Comment

Relax the mind.... And the body will follow.

That's good advice about breathing
        Last edited by Syf; 11-18-2015, 07:52 AM.

Comment

make sure you're in shape, that you've practiced with your technique so that you don't have to think about your punches, blocking, stepping / turning, moving your head, etc.

and then you SPAR. get chummy with the guys in your gym and start sparring. next thing you know you're going to have your headgear on, and you're actually seeing punches, and you'll think to yourself "this is pretty fun."

Comment

start sparring slow and always focus on being relaxed and acceptin that ur gonna get hit

Comment

Don't get pumped up for your fight. Get warmed up but stay relaxed. It starts in the locker room before you even make it to the ring.

Comment

Stop being afraid to get hit. It will happen. Accept the fact that you will get hit and the rest will fall into place.

That doesn't mean allow yourself to be hit. Just know that you are going to get hit at some point because this is the sport you chose.

That's really the reason why you're tense. Plain and simple. Grit your teeth, wince your eyes and get in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozbay View Post

Try this.

Go get the lotion and a roll of toilet paper and put on the new yusaf mack film and get a nice :wank:

When you get in the ring,remember what you did to prepare. Now look at your sparring partner and imagine him sparring you naked.

Comment

Deep Breathing Exercise for Athletes
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7-y...8fDbTHpzzfnPEI

Visualization Techniques for Success in Life
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6SR...fnPEI&index=10

Fitness Tips (Strengthen your mental game with these Tricks)
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH6z...8fDbTHpzzfnPEI

Try this it will help out i promise...

This might help for body shots if you tense up from them
                    Boxing/MMA Medicine Ball Abdominal Conditioning Exercises
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh2G_7SrpMA

thats it man good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X