Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think Margarito meant by this?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think Margarito meant by this?

I'm analyzing Margarito's statements during his suspension for a school project, and I can't really figure out what he was trying to say with this quote:

"I didn't know what was on my hands," Margarito said. "I never had to deal with any of these things before, and now you're telling me I have to deal with it every time?"

I obviously get the first part, but the never had to deal before and now I have to every time doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone wants to posit a guess, I'd be greatly appreciative.

I don't know. Maybe he was saying as if the public is saying that he's had it for his entire career (the plaster), hence the "deal with it every time."

Or second, he could be referring to the scrutiny that has fallen upon him. He's never had any controversy and, despite declaring his innocence, he's complaining that he has to deal with controversy and the shadow of crime in light of this affair.

My two cents. If you have a video, I can translate what Margarito said more accurately. I'd be happy to help!

Comment

How do and y do people still talk about this guy?? I dont know I am all about people deserving second chances for mistakes that they may have made in life, and I love the good redemption story, but this guys could have killed someone with the way that he cheated himself, his opponent and more importantly this sport which we all cherish and love so much. To me this guy does not deserve anything at all, not another fight, he shouldn't even be allowed to step foot in a gym anywhere period. As far as I'm concerned Antonio Margarito dissapeared the night they found plaster like substance in his gloves and I will no longer watch, nor follow a fight that he is in. And if God works in mysterious ways, then he will never fight again after this injury, the commish dropped the ball as far as I am concerned by allowing this guy to get his license reinstated after this whole ordeal went down, one year was not sufficient enough if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
        I don't know. Maybe he was saying as if the public is saying that he's had it for his entire career (the plaster), hence the "deal with it every time."

Or second, he could be referring to the scrutiny that has fallen upon him. He's never had any controversy and, despite declaring his innocence, he's complaining that he has to deal with controversy and the shadow of crime in light of this affair.

My two cents. If you have a video, I can translate what Margarito said more accurately. I'd be happy to help!
        Thanks a bunch man, I'll try to find the video and if I don't get it figured out before too long, I'll hit you up.

EDIT: The segment starts at 4:10

Originally posted by DanielTurcotte3 View Post
        How do and y do people still talk about this guy?? I dont know I am all about people deserving second chances for mistakes that they may have made in life, and I love the good redemption story, but this guys could have killed someone with the way that he cheated himself, his opponent and more importantly this sport which we all cherish and love so much. To me this guy does not deserve anything at all, not another fight, he shouldn't even be allowed to step foot in a gym anywhere period. As far as I'm concerned Antonio Margarito dissapeared the night they found plaster like substance in his gloves and I will no longer watch, nor follow a fight that he is in. And if God works in mysterious ways, then he will never fight again after this injury, the commish dropped the ball as far as I am concerned by allowing this guy to get his license reinstated after this whole ordeal went down, one year was not sufficient enough if you ask me
        Lol, as stated in the first post, I'm doing it for a school project. Better to do it about something boxing related than not, and I thought this was the best topic for the scope of the assignment.
        Last edited by Fox McCloud; 05-28-2011, 07:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
          Thanks a bunch man, I'll try to find the video and if I don't get it figured out before too long, I'll hit you up.

Lol, as stated in the first post, I'm doing it for a school project. Better to do it about something boxing related than not, and I thought this was the best topic for the scope of the assignment.
          I just mean in general not targeted towards you in any way shape or form.

Comment

I'm analyzing Margarito's statements during his suspension for a school project, and I can't really figure out what he was trying to say with this quote:

"I didn't know what was on my hands," Margarito said. "I never had to deal with any of these things before, and now you're telling me I have to deal with it every time?"

I obviously get the first part, but the never had to deal before and now I have to every time doesn't make sense to me.

If anyone wants to posit a guess, I'd be greatly appreciative.
            This reminds me of Nintendo trying to revive Starfox.

Comment

Originally posted by DanielTurcotte3 View Post

You want to talk about cheating himself. Just like Jones went downhill mysteriously after Andro became illegal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                This reminds me of Nintendo trying to revive Starfox.
                Lol, AWESOME one dude.

Comment

Lol, AWESOME one dude.
                  I know. Starfox 64 was the end of something good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                    I know. Starfox 64 was the end of something good.
                    It's unclear to me whether you are mocking me or not, but I will just answer like you aren't, since it will bump my thread.

Star Fox 64 was an awesome game, but... my god it's short. Between Thursday and Friday alone, I ran through the game 6 times and got all medals on both regular and expert. If you can 100% complete a game in 6 playthroughs that spans 4 hours... max(?), the game is just too short.

But, be that as it may, my avatar is actually not from any Star Fox game. It's actually from Super Smash Bros. Melee on the Gamecube.

Comment

Working...
                    X