Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgrace Margarito in a MUST win situation if he fight Cotto.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr Ke$ha View Post
    Did Margarito have a plaster chin when he fought Cotto then?

because I remember Marg laughing at the patheticness of cotto's slaps
    If I am in a fight, and I am losing the first six rounds, there ain't much to be laughing about. He was laughing at SSM punches too, and look what happened. The difference was in the Cotto fight, he had plaster.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkivory View Post
      If I am in a fight, and I am losing the first six rounds, there ain't much to be laughing about. He was laughing at SSM punches too, and look what happened. The difference was in the Cotto fight, he had plaster.
      No the difference was Mosley hits a lot harder.

Comment

Originally posted by Anto View Post
        Antonio Margarito is in a very bad situation if he fight Miguel Cotto. Margarito reputation is in the garbage can right now. he need to win big i mean big otherwise his ilegal wraps controversy will look much worse. he need a KO which i think will never happen. margarito's punches are not for ko's unless he is using "his medicine" a SD make it much worse for him. not only with cotto but with others. those comments that we heard like" almost supernatural" super human" will show more that he was indeed using ilegal wraps with others. as soon as margarito get Ko his all life as a boxer will go down the drain too. that's a bad position to be in.
        I agree, but i also thing you gotta look at it from the other side, If he manages to win big by KO, as quick or quicker then he did the first time, people will say it's the same Marg, and we know he didn't cheat this time, so maybe he didn't cheat until the Mosley fight. In the end, Margarito's career is in a make or break stage right now if this fight gets made.

Comment

I am a bigger fan of Cotto out of the two but I still think Margarito would beat Cotto

Comment

Originally posted by Anto View Post
            Antonio Margarito is in a very bad situation if he fight Miguel Cotto. Margarito reputation is in the garbage can right now. he need to win big i mean big otherwise his ilegal wraps controversy will look much worse. he need a KO which i think will never happen. margarito's punches are not for ko's unless he is using "his medicine" a SD make it much worse for him. not only with cotto but with others. those comments that we heard like" almost supernatural" super human" will show more that he was indeed using ilegal wraps with others. as soon as margarito get Ko his all life as a boxer will go down the drain too. that's a bad position to be in.
            Margarito never had one punch KO power. He would systematically break down his opponents with non-stop punching. He had a great chin and stamina. Most of his opponents were done right about the championship rounds. I think if the rematch does get made he will TKO Cotto earlier than the 11th round.

Comment

Miguel Cotto's only hope is if Tony's chin is cracked. Cotto never handled pressure+volume, I don't think he ever will. He never did well against fighters who took his best shots and kept coming at him.

Comment

Originally posted by We$ley View Post
                Miguel Cotto's only hope is if Tony's chin is cracked. Cotto never handled pressure+volume, I don't think he ever will. He never did well against fighters who took his best shots and kept coming at him.
                I see where you coming from. Some of these Cotto stans fail to realize that Cotto was already breathing through his mouth vs Foreman by the 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                  I see where you coming from. Some of these Cotto stans fail to realize that Cotto was already breathing through his mouth vs Foreman by the 4th round.
                  Mosley was breathing out of his mouth in the first round of the Cotto fight, it means nothing. Then again, maybe he simply has bad stamina but I'm sure its something Steward is working on. From the start it seemed like there was a lot wrong in Cotto's camp, his bad balance, footwork, length of camps, new sparring partners and he is making Cotto watch tapes, something he never did before. He's stated the conditioning regimen is solid so he something must be working there, maybe they should do 15 round sparring sessions if it becomes that much of an issue. He didn't gas in the Foreman fight though, breathing through the nose or not, but he was throwing very few punches... We'll need another fight to make sure as Cotto's stamina is a major question still.

Comment

if he loses, so what?
                    score 1-1, still kicked Cotto's ass the first time
                    and a win is a win
                    if he KO'd Cotto quickly, people just say Cotto was shot
                    I have Tony if Cotto have balls to take a rematch

Comment

Working...
                    X