Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan, First Fight At 147 Against?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just hope he fights a worthy opponent and someone not coming off a loss. I'm looking for someone that actually has a chance at beating him.

If Marquez beats Pac, I wouldn't mind seeing Khan vs Marquez at 140 either.

I definitely think Khan should prove himself at 147 before jumping straight to a superfight with Mayweather.

Comment

Brook for the WBA then Berton to unify for the WBA/IBF! Trust me people khan will destroy brook easy

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
        I just hope he fights a worthy opponent and someone not coming off a loss. I'm looking for someone that actually has a chance at beating him.

If Marquez beats Pac, I wouldn't mind seeing Khan vs Marquez at 140 either.

I definitely think Khan should prove himself at 147 before jumping straight to a superfight with Mayweather.
        I expect Mayweather to beat Ortz so Team Khan could be looking to fight Ortiz and try to beat him in a more convincingly way to set up a dream fight with Mayweather in late 2012. It would be a great way to promote Mayweather vs Khan.

Unless Khan gets Mayweather in his first fight or some soft opponent, I don't think Mayweather vs Khan will happen next year. I think Khan will get stopped if he steps in the ring with Berto Jones Ortiz.

Comment

ortiz will be a good test before khan fights mayweather,but khan will need a strap and ortiz won't have it after he lose to floyd. and since khan likes to have a strap or two,i can see him chasing berto/zavec, or senchenko. IBF&WBA same he has now @ 140.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
            I expect Mayweather to beat Ortz so Team Khan could be looking to fight Ortiz and try to beat him in a more convincingly way to set up a dream fight with Mayweather in late 2012. It would be a great way to promote Mayweather vs Khan.

Unless Khan gets Mayweather in his first fight or some soft opponent, I don't think Mayweather vs Khan will happen next year. I think Khan will get stopped if he steps in the ring with Berto Jones Ortiz.
            I can see that also. If that happened that would be complete BS...

Here's the thing, Khan needs to fight valid WW's before fighting Floyd for two reasons:

1. So Floyd can have something to gain by defeating Khan. We don't want to hear the same Ricky Hatton/Marquez excuses all over again. Floyd fought a blown up JWW.

2. For Khans own benefit. If Khan fights Floyd inexperienced at 147, Floyd will ruin him for life. People will be wondering why Khan can't win a fight. Floyd ruins his opponents mentally after he defeats them. They are never the same.

Comment

mosley, if i was khan i'd stay right on floyd and pac heels!

Comment

Working...
              X