Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Devon Alexander: Never Seen Brook Fight, Who is He?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who the hell is devon alexander?...

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
      I'm not sure he has proven very much at all as when he has been put in with very good fighters - Bradley, Kotelnik and Matthyse he has come up way short. I see Brook beating him with relative ease because he has all the tools to beat him and seems to have realised that he cant do things in half measures in training and downtime.

Sure, he hasnt won a world title yet, but he will...especially if he is matched with alexander.
      Brook has proved these 'tools' against whom?

Bradley, Kotelnik and Matthysse do not compare to Carson Jones.

I said a lot of people would be in for a shock when Jones-Brook happened and I'll tell you now that you'll have another one when he fights a good contender.

Comment

This would be a good fight but i doubt it happens anytime soon, I still see Devon fighting a couple more times before he decides whether to fight Brook. And negotiation for a fight like this one isnt going to be easy since both would love to have the fight in their own backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew5550 View Post
          You haven't seen Kell Brook fight and you've been looking for him? Go search for him on youtube. He's the real thing. And it can be quite hard if you don't have a name in America. The Ghost has a name, fought some decent opponents - of course he's likely to jump the queue. I agree the IBF is probably the easiest route, but when he gets that belt he is looking at some blockbuster fights. He's not your average guy, this Kell Brook. He could be special.
          I remember 3 yrs ago they were saying the same thing about Alexander. He was cleaning up the C class fighters too. But when they put him in there with the best under the bright lights he froze up. It happens to fighters. Now this Brook fellow could be great or he could suck. I wanna see him fight the best but hes going to have to come across the pond to do so.

Comment

Well Brooks does need to step up

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
              Why would he go somewhwere where it already been proven he wont get the nod even if he clearly beats the guy?
              If Brook wants that belt, he has to do what he has to do to get it. If that means going to STL, then so be it. He just better KO Alexander - you can't get no clearer than that.....

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              Earned it? The guy won a bastardised version of a title against one of the worst champs in recent memory in one of the worst fights in recent memory.

Why do you care so much where the fight takes place anyway? I bet you weren't so outraged when Kessler came to Oakland to defend his title against Ward.
              Ok, so why does Hearn care where the fight takes place?

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              The Matthysse and Kotelnik fights were close, no one got stiffed.
              Can't speak on the Kotelnik fight, but Matthysse got robbed.....

Comment

Originally posted by MASTER1454 View Post
                Ok, so why does Hearn care where the fight takes place?
                Because he's the promoter....

I think Hearn obviously would like it in the UK but is willing to go to America as long as its not St Louis

Fans shouldn't really care where the fight takes place.

Comment

Working...
                X