NSAC Scrutinizes Levi Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSAC Scrutinizes Levi Martinez

From Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review Journal on Twitter

Talked to Nevada Athletic Commission at post-fight Presser and they expressed concerns over Levi Martinez's work judging Canelo-Lara

NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar and exec. Dir. Bob Bennett said Martinez's scores differed by one third with Vegas judges Roth and Moretti.

The width of those scores are what concerned them. And yes, they asked him to explain his card

Granted this was not an easy fight to score but the NAC said Martinez's work deserved to be scrutinized. I agree.

Bottom line: don't expect Levi Martinez to judge a big fight in Vegas anytime soon.

What a shame, Levi actually had the best score

Comment

he should,, his score was horrible..

this was a close fight either way,, regardless of who you thought won, it was close..
      a wide score either way is just bad

Comment

It took 1 fight and a iffy scorecard for this guy to be scrutinized yet CJ Ross had a history of even worse scorecards and never received any scrutiny.

Good on the NAC I suppose but I wish they were a bit more consistent with this type of thing.

Comment

Originally posted by juandinamita View Post
          CJ Ross, is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by juandinamita View Post
            Smh bet u agreed with the draw Canelo got vs Floyd too

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
              From Steve Carp, Las Vegas Review Journal on Twitter

Talked to Nevada Athletic Commission at post-fight Presser and they expressed concerns over Levi Martinez's work judging Canelo-Lara

NAC chairman Francisco Aguilar and exec. Dir. Bob Bennett said Martinez's scores differed by one third with Vegas judges Roth and Moretti.

The width of those scores are what concerned them. And yes, they asked him to explain his card

Granted this was not an easy fight to score but the NAC said Martinez's work deserved to be scrutinized. I agree.

Bottom line: don't expect Levi Martinez to judge a big fight in Vegas anytime soon.
              I'm impressed that the NAC took initiative in scrutinizing that clown's scorecard. A competent judge might've given Lara the victory. Too late now, but maybe they can revoke that fool's license.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
                It took 1 fight and a iffy scorecard for this guy to be scrutinized yet CJ Ross had a history of even worse scorecards and never received any scrutiny.

Good on the NAC I suppose but I wish they were a bit more consistent with this type of thing.
                Well Keith Kizer's corrupt ***** ass is out and they have a new guy in there. At least he seems to be taking steps in the right direction.

Comment

Maybe the CJ Ross thing will be the catalyst for having judges be responsible for their cards. Ain't no thing for golden boy though. There will always be a judge looking to be on the take.

Comment

They really need to do something different these days. I'd like for the referee to be the 4th judge. Change the seating view of the other 3 judges.something... Its getting to be every big fight now where there is a dubious scorecard.

Comment

Working...
                    X