Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Andre Berto the most exciting American Boxer right now(non latino - asian american

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is exciting because exciting fights are forced on him. He does have power and speed though, very explosive but that is all he's got.

Comment

dude needs to run like a man so he can build stamina, have you guys seen how this guy jogs. stiff walking or something.

Comment

i don't really think of berto as exciting. he had some entertaining moments in the collazo and ortiz fights. like others have mentioned, dude clinches way too much. i dont even think berto vs ortiz was all that. after the 6th round, it was pretty forgettable in my opinion. lots of people consider that one to be the fight of the year for 2011, but i didnt even think it was the fight of the night. i enjoyed salido vs lopez much more.

Comment

one of definitely, as are the others mentioned in this thread. pwill was always in good fights, so sad...

Comment

Berto isn't American, last time I checked he was Asian.

Comment

See this is where you got to draw the line.

Some fighters are exciting because they suck. They have no defense, no footwork, no identity. They have no other choice but to stand, trade and take punishment. Berto falls into this category.

Some fighters are skilled and can still bring excitement. They are effective pressure fighters, can cut off the ring and have solid chins. Mares falls into that category.

Comment

I voted no. I never liked Berto's holding. He is a spurt fighter with short wind. He fights hard in spurts and hangs on to the other fighter for dear life while he catches his breath. He is as stong as a bull and it's hard for the other fighter to break free of his bear hug. He can be exciting in flashes but never for a whole fight. I did enjoy him getting beat up by Ortiz and Guerrero who killed him on the inside when he tried to slow the action by holding.

Comment

I don't find pity pat jab, throw big punch, hold to be exciting.

I also don't think it exciting that everytime he's pushed he holds and spoils.

I also don't find fighters who are limited to the degree Berto is exciting in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
                    Berto isn't American, last time I checked he was Asian.

did u mean haitian????? thats where he's from not Asia..

Comment

I don't think Berto is exciting at all. Matter of fact, I think his style is SO UGLY, I hate it! But his last two fights were good cuz of the other guy.

Both Robert and Vicky pressed the fight and FORCED Berto to fight. In both fights, Berto tried to make it a clinch-a-thon, they had none of it.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
                      Some fighters are exciting because they suck. They have no defense, no footwork, no identity. They have no other choice but to stand, trade and take punishment. Berto falls into this category.
                      Boom. There you go.

Comment

Working...
                      X