Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
    just answer the question man, simple yes or no

ala R Kelly
    if i were trapped in THE closet would I ever come out. Sounds like I am walking into something but yea, I would come out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tim Horton View Post
      Because it's an outdated term. I would prefer Black. And that is not what the rest of the world calls us, sir.
      how is the spanish word 'negro' outdated when it translates directly to 'black' in english? are you saying negro isn't being used anymore in hispanic or portuguese speaking countries?

Comment

if i were trapped in THE closet would I ever come out. Sounds like I am walking into something but yea, I would come out.
        no, its ok man, I dont have anything against g@ys

to each their own

Comment

• My college had a celebratory Black History Month Dinner with fried chicken and collard greens. It wasn't like this just happen to fall in February, they had posters and shit. Is that as not-ok as I think it is?

Comment

• Originally posted by Twako View Post
            how is the spanish word 'negro' outdated when it translates directly to 'black' in english? are you saying negro isn't being used anymore in hispanic or portuguese speaking countries?
            uh, do either you or I live in a hispanic or Portuguese speaking country? In English we say Black.

You're welcome./

Comment

• I say black too, many get mad when you say African America, some get mad when you say black, growning up in the hood and going to school across from the West Dallas projects, everyone there was ok with the term Black

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                My college had a celebratory Black History Month Dinner with fried chicken and collard greens. It wasn't like this just happen to fall in February, they had posters and shit. Is that as not-ok as I think it is?
                fried chicken and collard greens are a start. what about the mashed potatoes, candied yams, red kool-aid - extra sweet, corn bread and pecan pie?

it's delicious. what's wrong with that?

Comment

fried chicken and collard greens are a start. what about the mashed potatoes, candied yams, red kool-aid - extra sweet, corn bread and pecan pie?

it's delicious. what's wrong with that?
                  They actually had all that ****. And it was pretty delicious. It wasn't the meal that seemed wrong, it was that they were advertising it as a celebration of black folks. But you are the Black Dude, so I'll take your word for it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigStereotype View Post
                    They actually had all that ****. And it was pretty delicious. It wasn't the meal that seemed wrong, it was that they were advertising it as a celebration of black folks. But you are the Black Dude, so I'll take your word for it.
                    i am guessing it was to go along with the tribute month. the food is considered 'soul' food.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdlb12 View Post
                      I say black too, many get mad when you say African America, some get mad when you say black, growning up in the hood and going to school across from the West Dallas projects, everyone there was ok with the term Black
                      here in toronto we say Black. The only ones who don't are the ones who are still living in 1963 - they say coloured and nobody really corrects them because up here we're pretty polite and if it seems like you're meaning no offense there is usually none taken.

Besides, we just assume people like that will be dead soon anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X