No announcement yet.

I'm Angry with Margaritto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Angry with Margaritto

Not a new topic, but the Cotto VS Margaritto fight was one of my favorite boxing matches. It was up there in my favorites, possibly my favorite because i got to see it live, until then it was Foreman VS Ali, (which happened before i was born)

With the handwrap controversy, i now look at that fight as tainted, whether or not Margo cheated only a few people know, but the question is still there, and thats enough to make me feel as that great moment with all my friends rooting and screaming and all those OMG moments are now overshadowed by this.

Until the controversy i had rewatched the fight like 4 times, analysing what cotto did wrong, what margo did right, now i can't watch it, the only thing i can analyse is whether or not it looks like the gloves were loaded or if marg had a great night, not worth it to me.

Anyone else feel the same?

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
    Not a new topic, but the Cotto VS Margaritto fight was one of my favorite boxing matches. It was up there in my favorites, possibly my favorite because i got to see it live, until then it was Foreman VS Ali, (which happened before i was born)

With the handwrap controversy, i now look at that fight as tainted, whether or not Margo cheated only a few people know, but the question is still there, and thats enough to make me feel as that great moment with all my friends rooting and screaming and all those OMG moments are now overshadowed by this.

Until the controversy i had rewatched the fight like 4 times, analysing what cotto did wrong, what margo did right, now i can't watch it, the only thing i can analyse is whether or not it looks like the gloves were loaded or if marg had a great night, not worth it to me.

you damn noobs. how many times do we have to tell you there is no "IF", there is 100% undeniable proof that the gloves WERE loaded in the cotto fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fulcrum29 View Post
      you damn noobs. how many times do we have to tell you there is no "IF", there is 100% undeniable proof that the gloves WERE loaded in the cotto fight.
      Play nice. You were a noob once too.

Comment

here's copy and paste of my post from the other thread so ya'll can see the evidence:

i don't know what he stated but cotto also stated that he didn't feel the power of his gloves etc but that doesn't mean **** as i keep pointing out to people marlon starling or whoever it was stated "Knocked out? I didn't even get knocked down!" to larry merchant in a post fight interview when larry had just informed him that "You were knocked out." so one can't always take a fighter's word for the truth when their brains have obviously been addled moments prior.

the fact of the matter is: capetillo expressly stated in an interview that he uses the same wraps for margarito and has been using the same ones each fight.

so here are the wraps taken as evidence you notice the little blood stain on the corner?

now look at margarito's wraps (someone has a better quality evidence in another thread somewhere) you see the same bloodstained wrap? This is taken at the end of the cotto fight when margarito knocked him out and strangely bruised up cotto's face worse than anyone had ever done before. you notice the same blood? I.E. they are the SAME EXACT wraps used in the mosley fight and taken for evidence which have been scientifically proven to contain plaster already by an independent lab.
        FACT: margarito cheated and used plaster against cotto.

Comment

i'm also angry w/ margo for tainting his heroic loss to pwill. I really started respecting margo after he took that fight when he didn't have to.

Comment

No proof of **** in the Cotto fight, but most suspect it and everyone is angry wit Marg.

Comment

To the point of topic, yes, I can't watch it much anymore. I mean sure Cotto is one of my favorite fighters so it was hard to watch, BUT, I still enjoyed the fight on a Vasquez-Marquez level. It was just a great fight. But now knowing this, I basically never watched it since. I get that same feeling man.

Comment

Me too homie..... Lets wait for him in a dark alley in tijuana and beat him up.
                What you say?

You know a lot of people hate Margarito... yet you still ask this kinds of questions "Anyone else feel the same?"

Comment

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                  Me too homie..... Lets wait for him in a dark alley in tijuana and beat him up.
                  What you say?
                  Normally i'd say yes, but kevin iole says tijuana is too dangerous.

Originally posted by strugler View Post
                  You know a lot of people hate Margarito... yet you still ask this kinds of questions "Anyone else feel the same?"
                  The Question was geared more towards "Do you feel like you were robbed from what once was a great fight" not "do you hate margarito" the second question has been asked since way before any sort of scandal.

and for the other poster, perhaps its my noobness, but I refuse to say margarito cheated against cotto, as i have no proof, I'm still of the innocent until proven guilty kind of guy, I cheated on one spelling test in Jr High, didn't cheat on anything else though, perhaps i'm an a unique situation. It is very possible margs did cheat, but even if he didn't, it doesn't matter, the fight is still ruined, and the topic of this thread is not, whether or not he cheated, there are plenty of those threads out there.

Comment

I agree, I watched this fight so many times especially leading up to the Mosely fight, but now since I know he cheated I havent watched it one single time and Im gonna delete it off my DVR.

Comment

Working...
                    X