Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do some people question Kessler's resume?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hookoutofhell View Post
    thing is alot of US fans dont really know the fighters that he has fought

- andrade was mentioned as being a bum or a nobody when kess beat him and yet when bute managed to scrape past him ppl are labelling im as the divisions margaito and he seems to be a more reputable opponent all of a sudden.

- mundine has a great skill set and is often underrated in terms of his skills, in fact hes alot like collazo in the WW. a good fighter with good skills but he is often overlooked.

- marcus beyer another good fighter, manny siaca another reputable oppnent.

but most of these fighters aren't really that well known to US fans who are generally the first to discredit his resume.

imo its just a matter of time before mainstream boxing recognises that its been missing out on a great fighter. but its not all the fault of promoters, mandatories and governing bodies, imo kess should have taken the fight with miranda, iv heard that johnson seems willing to fight at 170 which is another fight that i think he needs to take.

imo only froch and johnson are the 2 fighters who seem willing to take him on and if tey give him a fight at whatever weight he should take it. johnson in particular seems willing to drop down alot of weight (which is very hard to do) as long as they get it on.

go on mikkel, take on the road warrior you know it makes sense
    it's not kessler's fault there are no top americans in the division until now (taylor), the SMW division has always been a division ruled by europeans, or at least for the past 10 years.

as i said earlier, if fighters could "choose" their natural weight division i'm sure they'd all go down to 147, shame it's impossible in kessler's case and why should he be at a size disadvantage by moving up a 3RD division to 175 when he is already a champion at 168 and has the chance of fighting taylor?

Comment

thats my point its just unlucky for the good fighters in the division - they're constantly hoping that a US fighter will face them and help them move into the mainstream. its just annoying when a good fighter is n't given his due and the best fights aren't being made.

i see kess moving up pretty soon, hes barely made 168 in his last few fights and is hug for a SMW. i thought JC was always a big SMW but kess dwarfed him at the weigh in, the only other guy who is as big as kess is probably sakio bika.

imo kess should face either johnson at 170 or unify with bika at 168. 170 is just right for him, he wont need to do any weights or put on alot of muscle and will probably still be able to make 168 after the fight if he wants to unify with froch/taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by boxasmash View Post
        since Dawson debuted at 175 in 2006 he has fought 3 top lhws to this date.
        Eric Harding was still a top 10 LHW by the time Dawson fought him (ranked number 10 by the Ring Magazine).

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
          Eric Harding was still a top 10 LHW by the time Dawson fought him (ranked number 10 by the Ring Magazine).
          kessler should move up to lhw, he would ko dawson in 3.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
            I don't see him on the list. What is your source?

Harding was at the end of his career and hasn't fought since Dawson.

Comment

He's never beaten anyone of significance. Maybe that's why people question his resume?

Comment

The point is super middleweight was always pretty weak. I mean, look...Echols was in the top 5 for like 4 years. I wouldnt exactly call Echols an amazing fighter.

Beyer, from what I read, was given gifts decisions against Danny Green and Sakio Bika, who reportedly cut him with a punch but it was ruled a headbutt.

The Andrade win is looking rather good right now, although truth be told, Andrade only won about 2 or 3 rounds against Bute. still, under the circumstances of the fight...

Mundine is not that good a win.

Comment

his resume is questioned because he career defining fight was a loss to calzaghe.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector of Troy View Post
                    I don't see him on the list. What is your source?

Harding was at the end of his career and hasn't fought since Dawson.
                    Harding was coming off wins over Daniel Judah and David Telesco.

Ring Magazine rankings at the end of 2005:

Antonio Tarver, Champion

1. Glen Johnson
                    2. Zsolt Erdei
                    3. Roy Jones Jr.
                    4. Clinton Woods
                    5. Fabrice Tiozzo
                    6. Tomasz Adamek
                    7. Julio Cesar Gonzalez
                    8. Paul Briggs
                    9. Hugo Hernan Garay
                    10. Eric Harding

http://www.boxrec.com/media/index.ph...yweight--2000s

Comment

Them Kessler hata's is getting ridiculous.
                      Big deal, he lost to Calzaghe. Who hasn't?

I'd like to see Kessler move to light heavy and try to challenge some of that old blood though.

Comment

Working...
                      X