Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brad Solomon (26-0) vs Konstantin Ponomarev (29-0)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    I was actually quite surprised to hear Soloman lost. But it was bound to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
      Good to hear. After Diaz knocks off all the rust, TR will probably look to match him against Crawford. I'm not sure if Arum would waste Diaz's resurgence on Konstantin.
      When I saw Diaz in his last fight, I was expecting a slower, less volume, a bit sloppier version of Diaz and was quite a bit stunned at his display of volume and determination. I was not expecting to see the Diaz from years back and was ready to be critical of him and what I saw was the same Diaz that made some great fights years back. I saw a fighter who would raise hell at the top layers of the division with what he showed in his last fight.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
        When I saw Diaz in his last fight, I was expecting a slower, less volume, a bit sloppier version of Diaz and was quite a bit stunned at his display of volume and determination. I was not expecting to see the Diaz from years back and was ready to be critical of him and what I saw was the same Diaz that made some great fights years back. I saw a fighter who would raise hell at the top layers of the division with what he showed in his last fight.

I forgot that Diaz was fighting at LW, it wouldn't make sense to match him against Konstantin.

Comment

Solomon just never stepped up. The announcers said it best "This is a big step up for Solomon". So true.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            So i'm aware neither of these two are popular around these parts, but apparently they fought last week and Ponomarev won an SD now he's 30-0 and #10 ranked Welterweight by The Ring, Solomon falls to 26-1.

I googled this match and boxingscene as a keyword and apparently the last news ever written by boxingscene was a live results thread on the day of the PPV, bunched up together with all the other smaller fights of the Pac-Bradley PPV.

This fight was a bit important I guess because the winner now entered the top 10 WW's. He is only 23 years old, he is Russian. He beat and dominated another top prospect late last year Mikael Zewski who was 26-0. Solomon is not great but respectable also 26-0..This guy KP is taking 0's. Boxingscene reported that the fight was dominated by the Russian and the scorecards were off. This kid is 5'10", and is trained by Abel Sanchez. Anyone knows his promoter?
            I just learned about the guy today. I stopped watching the Top Rank undercard streams once Terence Crawford started fighting on HBO.

You're right though, that fight was important. He's going to fight Spence in an eliminator to become Brook's mando.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
              I just learned about the guy today. I stopped watching the Top Rank undercard streams once Terence Crawford started fighting on HBO.

You're right though, that fight was important. He's going to fight Spence in an eliminator to become Brook's mando.
              Looks like fans want this fight too, I guess i'm in the minority that don't think it's good. I'm just not cool with ending young fighters undefeated runs without them showing us everything they got against different styles. This is WW too, some voids to fill after Mayweather and Pacquiao retire. Oh well, that's boxing now. Really wished to see this guy versus other veterans. Spence almost surely will take the kid's 0 but I just hope Pon loses while giving a good name for himself but I think he gets knocked out.

Comment

Looks like fans want this fight too, I guess i'm in the minority that don't think it's good. I'm just not cool with ending young fighters undefeated runs without them showing us everything they got against different styles. This is WW too, some voids to fill after Mayweather and Pacquiao retire. Oh well, that's boxing now. Really wished to see this guy versus other veterans. Spence almost surely will take the kid's 0 but I just hope Pon loses while giving a good name for himself but I think he gets knocked out.
                Yeah I'm surprised he's only 23 and already fighting this level of opposition back to back to back. 2 of his last 3 fights were against promising undefeated prospects and now he's taking on Spence in an eliminator. There are fighters with belts that fight softer schedules than this kid.

Comment

I heard baout this guy after I saw the new top 10 rankings for ww on Ring. They've moved him in there for the Spence fight, so once Spence gets the win, they'll say he beat a top 10 ww.

From the videos I've seen, the guy doesn't hit so hard and looks average. Nothing to report here.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                    I heard baout this guy after I saw the new top 10 rankings for ww on Ring. They've moved him in there for the Spence fight, so once Spence gets the win, they'll say he beat a top 10 ww.

From the videos I've seen, the guy doesn't hit so hard and looks average. Nothing to report here.
                    That's ridiculous.

I doubt The Ring, who's owned by Oscar De La Hoya, are really going out of their way to set up Al Haymon fighters to look good, who if i'm not mistaken is in a lawsuit with DLH and Arum.

That's some WWE type storyline you came up with there. DLH-owned Ring magazine made Top Rank promoted Konstantin Ponomarev #10 at WW, so that when DiBella-promoted/Al Haymon-managed Errol Spence beats him 'they' can say he beat a top 10 WW.

Come on.

Comment

That's ridiculous.

I doubt The Ring, who's owned by Oscar De La Hoya, are really going out of their way to set up Al Haymon fighters to look good, who if i'm not mistaken is in a lawsuit with DLH and Arum.

That's some WWE type storyline you came up with there. DLH-owned Ring magazine made Top Rank promoted Konstantin Ponomarev #10 at WW, so that when DiBella-promoted/Al Haymon-managed Errol Spence beats him 'they' can say he beat a top 10 WW.

Come on.
                      The ring have rated several fighters floyd was about to face as p4p entrants.

And this Haymon/GBP beef is getting overrated. Have a look at the ww rankings on the Ring. What have Porter and Thurman (both with Haymon) done to be ranked above Bradley?

Comment

Working...
                      X