No announcement yet.

Jacobs: No Quillin rematch on the hunt for Joe Saunders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs: No Quillin rematch on the hunt for Joe Saunders

We’d fight (Quillin) in two seconds but I don’t think Peter wants the fight,” Connolly said. “We said right away to Al (Haymon, the manager for both Jacobs and Quillin) we’d fight him anytime he wants. We’d fight him next and you know Al is always guarded – it’s not going to happen next. It’s definitely not going to happen. But it’s not from our side. It’s from their side.”

Everyone wants a piece of Joey boy is he the weakest link?
    I think Joe takes this fight because it's less risk than gg
    Jacobs
    53.85%
    Saunders
    46.15%
    Last edited by aldo5408; 01-26-2016, 03:30 PM. Reason: Title name

Fucc I meant jacobs said this

Comment

Can Jacobs fake title even be unified? I didn't think other organizations recognized this. I know the WBC allowed it for Canelo vs. Trout but they bent the rules in that case for obvious reasons.

Comment

After a dazzling first-round stoppage of Quillin, Jacobs is slated to return to the ring, likely in May at Barclays Center in an expected stay-busy fight, Jacob’s adviser Keith Connolly told ****** on Monday night.

Jacobs, THE RING’s No. 2-ranked middleweight, will then look to pursue a title fight with WBO titlist Billy Joe Saunders later in the year, perhaps in December in what Connolly sees as another “really easy” win for Jacobs.

With talks seemingly stalled between WBA/IBF middleweight champion and No. 3 pound-for-pound rated Gennady Golovkin and Saunders, Connolly envisions a clear path to a bout between Jacobs and Saunders before the end of 2016.

“I mean, nothing is easy at this level but I find that guy to be a zero risk,” Connolly said of Saunders,

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          Can Jacobs fake title even be unified? I didn't think other organizations recognized this. I know the WBC allowed it for Canelo vs. Trout but they bent the rules in that case for obvious reasons.
          $talks so anything can be done.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
            how is it fake >????? wba mw title has been around for like 46 years gene fullmer-emile griffith-carlos monzon -nino benvanuti-hagler
            Last edited by revs1227; 01-26-2016, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Saunders... I think he is a real deal.

Comment

Needs to stop ducking Mora rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                  how is it fake >????? wba mw title has been around for like 46 years gene fullmer-emile griffith-carlos monzon -nino benvanuti-hagler
                  He just means because Golovkin is the WBA champion (super) and Danny just has the regular title which isn't recognized by other sanctioning bodies (they recognize the super champion).

Comment

Originally posted by revs1227 View Post
                    It is a secondary WBA title that he only get because HBO and Team Golovkin didn't want to kill Jarod Fletcher....so it is kind of fake.

Comment

Working...
                    X