Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Angulo KO's Canelo would it affect Mayweather's legacy?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    No. Floyd's legacy has been set for awhile. It would change that win though. Right now that win is a very good win over a guy who was the #1 fighter at the weight. If he loses to Angulo, it probably goes down to a decent win.
    Over the #1 fighter at the weight? His only win against a legit 154 pounder was Trout. WTF?

Comment

Not his legacy, just the Alvarez win. I still don't understand why people thought Mayweather would duck Alvarez. There was no reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
        No. Floyd's legacy has been set for awhile. It would change that win though. Right now that win is a very good win over a guy who was the #1 fighter at the weight. If he loses to Angulo, it probably goes down to a decent win.
        Alvarez was only the #1 guy at the weight through politics. He sure as hell never proved it in the ring.

Comment

Safe to say some people were licking their chops, for all the wrong reasons, before the fight.

Comment

The question is fair and yes I believe it would have hurt his legacy in terms of level of competition. His win over Ortiz has lost it's luster, so has his win over Cotto.

However if Canelo continues to win, it makes Mayweather look that much better. I think Canelo is going to continue to win, unless he faces Lara of course.

Comment

Working...
            X