Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So tune-up for possible Golovkin, but jump straight into Cotto?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So tune-up for possible Golovkin, but jump straight into Cotto?

Martinez was all for a Cotto fight going straight out of his injury...now that Cotto might fight Canelo... might as well take a tune-up before Golovkin.

And unification go over mandos don't they?

Or will the WBC be allergic to unifying titles with the WBA again after Floyd?

Thing is, Martinez is dead scared of Golovkin. He was very vocal to get Chavez Jr but as soon as Golovkin called him out he hasn't even been seen in public anymore, not even going to the shopping mall lol. He is as quiet as he's ever been.

Comment

Martinez is looking for the biggest fights he can make because he doesn't have much long in the sport. He won't fight GGG unless he has no other options.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
        Thing is, Martinez is dead scared of Golovkin. He was very vocal to get Chavez Jr but as soon as Golovkin called him out he hasn't even been seen in public anymore, not even going to the shopping mall lol. He is as quiet as he's ever been.
        When Golovkin was calling out Martinez, Golovkin was an absolute nobody. A hyped up amateur fighter with no notable wins at all.

Golovkin can make his case now by beating Murray, who beat Martinez in my eyes.

Any events that took place before Golovkin beating Murray are irrelevant. Golovkin's current best win, Macklin, is a fighter that many people insulted Martinez for fighting. Wins over Pavlik, Williams, Dzinzuruk, Barker. Man, Dzinzurk was a hardcore fan's fight. Sergiy was a fight that HBO shoved down Sergio's throat back when Sergio wanted the big names. He had to go through guys like that. What the hell has Golovkin gone through? Dirrell in the amateurs? He knocked out Kovalav in sparring? Give me a break. Let's see Golovkin continue building his resume, stop with the unnecessary hype in the meantime.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
          Martinez is looking for the biggest fights he can make because he doesn't have much long in the sport. He won't fight GGG unless he has no other options.
          I think outside of a Chavez Jr rematch (doubt he goes to 160) and a Cotto fight.... Golovkin might be the next best money fight out there.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            When Golovkin was calling out Martinez, Golovkin was an absolute nobody. A hyped up amateur fighter with no notable wins at all.

Any events that took place before Golovkin beating Murray are irrelevant. Golovkin's current best win, Macklin, is a fighter that many people insulted Martinez for fighting. Wins over Pavlik, Williams, Dzinzuruk, Barker. Man, Dzinzurk was a hardcore fan's fight. Sergiy was a fight that HBO shoved down Sergio's throat back when Sergio wanted the big names. He had to go through guys like that. What the hell has Golovkin gone through? Dirrell in the amateurs? He knocked out Kovalav in sparring? Give me a break. Let's see Golovkin continue building his resume, stop with the unnecessary hype in the meantime.
            You sound like Quillin

Comment

At the level he's expected to be, a blown up welter better be a tuneup.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

Says the guy with the 'Haters gonna hate' quote in his sig. Keep hating ***.

Comment

Man shut your ass up with the he's "scared ****" boxings a business le doichebag

Comment

Originally posted by Masterclass775 View Post
                    Man shut your ass up with the he's "scared ****" boxings a business le doichebag
                    Martinez isn't scared but he'd rather fight easy winnable fights for big money at this stage in his career. Martinez. Got a lot of respect for him. Traveled the globe to be where he's at now. He's scared of nobody. I mean who do you think he is Floyd Mayweather?

Comment

Working...
                    X