Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would it be disastrous for boxing if Clottey wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would it be disastrous for boxing if Clottey wins?

I'm all for the underdog 'causing an upset. But I think it'll be disastrous for boxing if a future Mayweather v Pacquiao is put in jeopardy by Clottey winning. I'll be gutted like a fish in a chip shop.

Disastrous and hilarious

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
      I'm all for the underdog 'causing an upset. But I think it'll be disastrous for boxing if a future Mayweather v Pacquiao is put in jeopardy by Clottey winning. I'll be gutted like a fish in a chip shop.
      Firstly the Mayweather fight wont happen so forget about it now.
      Clottey is another stationary fighter and his chances are limited.What Manny cant deal with is mobility.We cant discount Clottey entirely because he can bang the body and it will be interesting to see what Manny does when he gets hit in the body.

Should Clottey win,he will have done boxing a favour.It's just like what Mosley did when he knocked out pretenders and cheats like Margarito.Sooner or later the wheels will come off and people will forget this hype

Comment

i can see clottey winning. ive noticed a trend of pacs opponents. kinda flat footed fighters that like to come forawrd, tailor made for him.

Comment

If Clottey beats Pac he did the sport a favor.

Arum wont let him though..the fix is in fellas.

Comment

Hell no,if Clottey wins,thats what this sport needs!!For real,all these superstar fighters are bending the integrity of the sport to suite there fantasies!!Clottey wins is an awesome underdog story to propel the sport past Manny & floyd being all we see!!Hell if floyd fights Nate & Nate wins,then we get to see other fighters who just fight display their talents without insane demands!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
              I think and hope Pacquiao wins but,I would not bet against Clottey though.

Comment

A Clottey win would suck IMO but only because I want to see Mayweather vs Pacman later this year. In reality though, it wouldn't be such a bad thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian 28 View Post
                  If Clottey beats Pac he did the sport a favor.

Arum wont let him though..the fix is in fellas.
                  You got that right ..... Arum's cash cow is getting the nod if it goes to the cards. Clottey is getting used, abused and discarded like soo many in the Arum camp. Arum is just like a pimp with his fighters .... turning them out, one after another.

Comment

boxing does not revolve around pacquiao and mayweather.

upsets happen all the time. big fights don't get made all the time. it is what it is.

Comment

Working...
                    X