No announcement yet.

Calzaghe 'scared' of Pavlik power

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
    you (sic) Just A Dum (sic) Euro (sic) America Is The Mecha (sic) Of Boxing!111
    Pwned !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by abadger View Post
      Anyone who thinks that Pavlik would even get close to beating Joe Calzaghe is insane.
      That sounds like a bad statement to make with all these Pavlik bum smashers around but it makes sense.

I've always said it. That I think Calzaghe is a bad fight for Pavlik, shoot me down if you wish. But for watching both fighters since the early days, I can only see Calzaghe moving on the outside naturally of Pavlik's left out of the way of his bread and butter punch.

I can see the first 5/6 rounds being rough, but Calzaghe with his speed and work rate will move away and after round 5/6 Pavlik will not be able to catch him.

For those who predict Pavlik to KO Calzaghe take a look at the Kessler vs Calzaghe fight in slow motion and see the bombs Calzaghe took from Kessler.
      Also Hopkins landed a straight flush punch to Calzaghe and Calzaghe wasn't even dizzy from it.

It's fair to say Calzaghe has an amazing chin. If he can beat Kessler (who I believe will beat Pavlik) and outwork Hopkins then I can make a logical prediction that Pavlik will not beat Joe Calzaghe.

Pavlik's style suits Joe down to a T.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
        That sounds like a bad statement to make with all these Pavlik bum smashers around but it makes sense.

I've always said it. That I think Calzaghe is a bad fight for Pavlik, shoot me down if you wish. But for watching both fighters since the early days, I can only see Calzaghe moving on the outside naturally of Pavlik's left out of the way of his bread and butter punch.

I can see the first 5/6 rounds being rough, but Calzaghe with his speed and work rate will move away and after round 5/6 Pavlik will not be able to catch him.

For those who predict Pavlik to KO Calzaghe take a look at the Kessler vs Calzaghe fight in slow motion and see the bombs Calzaghe took from Kessler.
        Also Hopkins landed a straight flush punch to Calzaghe and Calzaghe wasn't even dizzy from it.

It's fair to say Calzaghe has an amazing chin. If he can beat Kessler (who I believe will beat Pavlik) and outwork Hopkins then I can make a logical prediction that Pavlik will not beat Joe Calzaghe.
        That is a logical prediction and is shared by anyone with any sense. Don't be fooled by this site. Since I am feeling like it I can summarise it even better:

Joe Calzaghe is massively better than Kelly Pavlik, end of story.

Comment

Why would Joe C be scared of Pavlik???

Comment

Don't get me wrong I love Pavlik. He's one of my favourites fighters, but the truth be said. Nobody at this moment in time can beat Joe Calzaghe, I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.

Comment

Originally posted by mojack View Post
              Don't get me wrong I love Pavlik. He's one of my favourites fighters, but the truth be said. Nobody at this moment in time can beat Joe Calzaghe, I'm sorry but that's just the way it is.
              You shouldn't apologise. You should laugh, wildly.

As I did when I saw your sig BTW.

Comment

You shouldn't apologise. You should laugh, wildly.

As I did when I saw your sig BTW.
                Quality isn't it.

Comment

Of course Kelly's trainer and promoter are going to be talking **** about Calzaghe....they already know a fight isn't going to happen, and that trash they talk will only stir the **** more, and put Pavlik's name more into the limelight.

The fact is that Pavlik just doesn't have the tools to beat Calzaghe, not right now, maybe never, and he shouldn't even worry about him. He's going to be gone soon. Pavlik needs a fight with Kessler to turn both fighters into international superstars of boxing and future paychecks into 8 digit numbers that are worthy of lengthy masturbation. And the hell of it is, it won't matter who wins or loses a fight between these two guys.....the fight will be so great it won't matter, they'll both put on a superb performance, and an immediate rematch (again, with both being paid close to 10 mil) will be begged for by the entire boxing world. Seriously, the styles matchcup will make superstars out of both. Remember Gatti and Ward? Think of them, multiply by 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickman View Post
                    Of course Kelly's trainer and promoter are going to be talking **** about Calzaghe....they already know a fight isn't going to happen, and that trash they talk will only stir the **** more, and put Pavlik's name more into the limelight.

The fact is that Pavlik just doesn't have the tools to beat Calzaghe, not right now, maybe never, and he shouldn't even worry about him. He's going to be gone soon. Pavlik needs a fight with Kessler to turn both fighters into international superstars of boxing and future paychecks into 8 digit numbers that are worthy of lengthy masturbation. And the hell of it is, it won't matter who wins or loses a fight between these two guys.....the fight will be so great it won't matter, they'll both put on a superb performance, and an immediate rematch (again, with both being paid close to 10 mil) will be begged for by the entire boxing world. Seriously, the styles matchcup will make superstars out of both. Remember Gatti and Ward? Think of them, multiply by 3.
                    I'm not sure. I think Kessler is too 'Euro' to be a star in the USA, and I think if he fought anything close to his best he would beat Pavlik very one-sidedly. Cue "Pavlik is a bum" from his erstwhile fans.

Comment

I'm not sure. I think Kessler is too 'Euro' to be a star in the USA, and I think if he fought anything close to his best he would beat Pavlik very one-sidedly. Cue "Pavlik is a bum" from his erstwhile fans.
                      I think the fight would be extremely close, a give and take throughout the entire fight, with loads of great action, and I wouldn't begin to call it. Believe me, I'm good at predicting fight outcomes and this one would have me flipping coins. And yes, Kessler's too "Euro" right now, but after a fight with Pavlik he'd have US fans crawling out of the woodwork instantly. Don't you remember Abraham just a couple of days ago? And that wasn't even against a US fighter. A good performance between these two would turn heads on both sides of the pond, give both international notoriety, and increase their paydays by nearly a factor of 10. Plus, it would give me at least 2, maybe 3 (if there was need of a rubbermatch, and I think there would be) fights I could sit and watch over, and over, and over, and over...

Comment

Working...
                      X