Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angel Garcia on Thurman-Porter: Why fight each other when they could fight a Salka?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by New England View Post
    khan's best win at 140 is what, maidana? maidana lost to alexander at 147, and matthysse beat him on most reasonable cards.

khan lost to peterson, was knocked out by danny. those are common opponents.

matthysse did much better against danny, knocked peterson out in a one sided, three round fight. that was a beating.

lost to judah in what i thought was a close fight. he 100% beat alexander. that fight wasn't all that close. was basically all done after the danny fight, struggling with molina and provodnikov, and losing to postol.

provodnikov had a decent career, and isn't an awful win.

the common opponents really tell the tale for me. matthysse beat the daylights out of peterson, and did a heck of a lot better against garcia, who beat up khan and stopped him.
    Ok Khan absolutely dominated Judah and beat Alexander in a way that no one else was able to, Matthysse fought competitively with both. Khan won everything up to the point that Garcia clipped him and turned the fight on its head, there is still a question mark that Khan could fight differently and do better, and possibly win. Against Matthysse, Garcia proved conclusively he was the better fighter in a 12 round fight.

Are you honestly using a triangle theory with Alexander, Matthysse and Maidana? Also you mentioned common opponents, are Judah and Alexander not common opponents? You say that Judah and Matthysse was close, was Peterson-Khan not? Most of press row had that fight for Khan even with the BS point deduction in the 12th round.

At the end of the day:

Kotelnik
    Malignaggi
    Maidana
    Judah

is better than

Peterson
    Provodnikov
    Molina?
    Ajose? Soto?

That is who they beat officially. Even if you give Matthysse the Alexander win, his resume would probably still not be better. As I said its close but I would still put Khan ahead. So I think you were a bit overstating when you said he "proved" to be a better fighter at 140, because its just not true. If you think he is a better fighter based on the eyeball test, then I have no problem with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PrBoxing88 View Post
      U always gotta said something about us right??? but u suck Rosado Rican D!cK ??? he is 100% rican and proud, were kicking mexicans asses for 82 years now were on TOP in champions vs champions, mierda puto maricon.
      go take your punk ass to barber school your gonna be late.

Comment

• Originally posted by !WAR ROSADO! View Post
        go take your punk ass to barber school your gonna be late.
        why dont u get ur pasaporte y te vas a cojer por el culo en mexico???? si quieres ve a Puerto Rico ahy tratamos bien alos pendejos como tu.

btw at least we go to a barber school, mexicans are in farms getting tomatoes and cabbages for 5$ jajajajajajajjajajajajajjajajajajajjajaja IT HURTS I KNOW.
        Last edited by PrBoxing88; 01-16-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
          This gives you all the insight you need into some of Danny Garcia's matchmaking since Khan. Angel will only put him in a tough 50/50 when its absolutely necessary and can't be avoided.
          Because Angel is a bitch made cokehead who knows easier money grab fights will allow him to keep that binge going full steam.

Comment

• Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Ok Khan absolutely dominated Judah and beat Alexander in a way that no one else was able to, Matthysse fought competitively with both. Khan won everything up to the point that Garcia clipped him and turned the fight on its head, there is still a question mark that Khan could fight differently and do better, and possibly win. Against Matthysse, Garcia proved conclusively he was the better fighter in a 12 round fight.

Are you honestly using a triangle theory with Alexander, Matthysse and Maidana? Also you mentioned common opponents, are Judah and Alexander not common opponents? You say that Judah and Matthysse was close, was Peterson-Khan not? Most of press row had that fight for Khan even with the BS point deduction in the 12th round.

At the end of the day:

Kotelnik
            Malignaggi
            Maidana
            Judah

is better than

Peterson
            Provodnikov
            Molina?
            Ajose? Soto?

That is who they beat officially. Even if you give Matthysse the Alexander win, his resume would probably still not be better. As I said its close but I would still put Khan ahead. So I think you were a bit overstating when you said he "proved" to be a better fighter at 140, because its just not true. If you think he is a better fighter based on the eyeball test, then I have no problem with that.

alexander - khan was at 147 lbs. alexander also went out and lost his next fight to a journeyman [admittedly, i didn't watch it,] and looks like his career is all over.

Comment

• and he is a better fighter [more ability regardless of resume,] on the eyeball test, just look at what happened when he fought peterson and garcia, their two best common opponents at 140. sunny31

Comment

• Simply disgusting. Angel, I understand that you don't want your son to get potentially beat down by someone at the elite level, I get it. Then you should have got him into college or business, not boxing, you dummy!!! Leave boxing to those that are willing to risk damage over a fairly short career.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                  Simply disgusting. Angel, I understand that you don't want your son to get potentially beat down by someone at the elite level, I get it. Then you should have got him into college or business, not boxing, you dummy!!! Leave boxing to those that are willing to risk damage over a fairly short career.

were you sleeping when he fought khan and matthysse, two of the best 140 lbers of the era?

danny fought khan when he was #1, and that started up the lineage. then he fought matthysse when he was lineal champion and matthysse was #1 off of the peterson win.

it's fine to say that danny's being moved carefully now, because he is. but danny came up the hard way. you guys really either weren't watching boxing at the time, or you don't know what the hard way is

Comment

• Not even talking about what happened in the past (I didn't say Danny never fought good opponents). But clearly we shouldn't expect anything competitive until maybe his cash out fight prior to retirement. This sets the wrong example for all the up and coming fighter, you have to admit that. Come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by LaidOut View Post
                      Not even talking about what happened in the past (I didn't say Danny never fought good opponents). But clearly we shouldn't expect anything competitive until maybe his cash out fight prior to retirement. This sets the wrong example for all the up and coming fighter, you have to admit that. Come on.
                      I hope that doesn't happen, because Danny has done very well when challenged tough. There's no reason to hide him from competition.

Comment

Working...
                      X