Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Mayweather fights Guerrero does that make him a hypocrite?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SwineFlu View Post
    You guys are speaking from a logical, non business stand point, Stop that! Would those fights make more money? Since when has Floyd cared about a mandatory? If Floyd offered those fights would they say " uhh no thanks, I have to fight someone else?"
    i dont know if he cares about a mandatory but i do know he stated after the cotto fight he belonged at 147 so thats likley where his next fight would be.

martinez is out of the picture, bradley is with arum so.... and marquez or pac aint happenin esp may 4 2013

if we are talking about a may 4th fight for floyd then its either the ghost or canelo... canelo makes him more money but what exactly has canelo done to get that fight? he definately needs to fight a decent fighter in his division but its gonna be scary because he could lose

Comment

Mayweather has repeatedly stated that boxing is a business and he is in this business to make $$$$. If he takes the Guerrero fight (likely imo) he would be missing out on much much bigger paydays. Pac, Marquez, Canello, Martinez are a few names that would be the "business" fights that would produce the largest revenues. Even with Pacs loss or Marquez being dominated in their first fight, these fights would make much more $$$$.
      First of all Floyd can still fight Canelo and even possibly Martinez (unlikely) down the road. Floyd probably fights Alvarez next. Fight Manny? Why? Mannny just got KTFO and he hasn't looked good in a fight for awhile. Marquez? He doesn't want to fight Floyd again. Those fights don't make sense. Bradley and Trout are better options than Marquez and Pacquiao. Floyd will make bank no matter who he fights anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
        No.... He can take the larger cut against Guerrero, and its a safer fight than Canelo.
        Exactly and then he can fight Canelo in September. I think that Guerrero is going to come in there and cause Floyd major troubles though....he is gonna be a big underdog but he will prove to the world that he is amongst the very best in the world.

Comment

Pacman just got slept.

Marquez has already been sonned.

Lil ginger is an overrated hype job.

Floyd is scared to death of Martinez.

Comment

My complaint is that Guerrero is a crappy fight that won't bring floyd as much money as other fights. Martinez a Middle weight that says he'll fight him at 154 where Floyd just beat Cotto at. I understand Pac can't fight for 6 months. Offer Marquez the fight for business reasons, he might take it ( Who cares if he's better or worse, it's about the money). Canello would probably accept the challenge if Floyd asked (again about the money, don't think of Canello's resume)

Comment

My complaint is that Guerrero is a crappy fight that won't bring floyd as much money as other fights. Martinez a Middle weight that says he'll fight him at 154 where Floyd just beat Cotto at. I understand Pac can't fight for 6 months. Offer Marquez the fight for business reasons, he might take it ( Who cares if he's better or worse, it's about the money). Canello would probably accept the challenge if Floyd asked (again about the money, don't think of Canello's resume)
              Why do you care about how much money Floyd makes? I'm a Floyd fan and I don't care how much money he makes.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                Exactly and then he can fight Canelo in September. I think that Guerrero is going to come in there and cause Floyd major troubles though....he is gonna be a big underdog but he will prove to the world that he is amongst the very best in the world.
                I thought the Guerrero that fought Berto, will get embarassed by Floyd. You cant hit Floyd like you can Berto, and Floyd doesnt get tired like Berto. Guerrero starts that fatigued leaning on opponents schtick hes going to get cooked like a 4th of July braut.

Comment

Martinez at 154 would be awesome but get real, Sergio just had surgery, is scheduled for a hometown fight against Murray in Argentina, then he's in all likelihood going to face Fat Phuck Chavez Jr. in a rematch. Martinez's 2013 is tapped out.

Comment

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                    I thought the Guerrero that fought Berto, will get embarassed by Floyd. You cant hit Floyd like you can Berto, and Floyd doesnt get tired like Berto. Guerrero starts that fatigued leaning on opponents schtick hes going to get cooked like a 4th of July braut.

and Guerrero himself was getting worked on the inside by those uppercuts...Floyd's gonna do a number on him...this is a pretty bad mismatch...i think Floyd stops him

Comment

Originally posted by Since 1985 View Post
                      Why do you care about how much money Floyd makes? I'm a Floyd fan and I don't care how much money he makes.
                      I'm just trying to point out that Floyd is a hypocrite that has said many times it is about the Money. Is it about the money?

Comment

Working...
                      X