No announcement yet.

Boxing is a horrible cruel sport that reminds me of Roman entertainment

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I have thought about that too, have them contribute to something rather than just sit in a cell beating off all day while we work.
    ive dreamed about this for quite some time.

I mean why couldnt Kim Jung Un do this? What's stopping him?

Have them use medieval/biblical age style weaponry. Id pay $100 to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Burner View Post
      One day your balls will drop bruh.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
        I've written about this in similar terms for years. Nobody pays any attention. But the British Medical Association to my own knowledge has been trying to outlaw boxing for over 40 years, and claims that over 65% of retired boxers,, even amateurs, showed brain damage that might progress in later years to Pugilistica Dementia.
        There are a lot of physical sports which carry these long-term risks. Ice Hockey, US football, Rugby Union/League etc. You see a lot of knockouts in these sports. Most of these carry risks not only to the head but also the neck and numerous other areas of the body at all levels. Should we outlaw them all? Ultimately contact sport involves risk, and those risks are taken with free will.

Edit: Even football/soccer carries risk of brain injury http://www.einstein.yu.edu/news/rele...-brain-injury/
        Last edited by Weebler I; 08-28-2013, 07:33 PM.

Comment

It is Roman entertainment. Ever tried cleaning sewers? Working a coal mine? Shooting terrorists? Searching for land mines? Driving a bus all day? Cleaner in a slaughter house? Disembowelling the dead? And they have no hope of a million bucks and fame!

Comment

Working...
          X