Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you BELIVE in Deontay Wilder?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Given Wilders weak resume, it's incredibly difficult to get a read on his talent level.

Comment

I think he's going to make some noise, but for the most part I'm undecided. I really want to see him & Mike Perez have a go at it though.

Comment

He's trash, but still way more exciting to watch than the boring ass Klits.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm not necessarily disagreeing with that, but should Wilder get a couple of decent wins under his belt, then he'll get some of the boogeyman factor.

So because Pulev has earned his stripes I should be more excited for a fight between him and Wlad? I told everyone from the start that the Wlad-Povetkin fight would be a farce of biblical proportions and it was.

Pulev doesn't have the punching power to hurt Wlad or the skills to outbox him. Easy win for Wlad. At least Wilder has a big punch.

Pulev looked absolutely horrible in his fight against Thompson - so I'm not going to get up for a fight vs Wlad.
          Well, I'm probably biased because I have very strong ties to Bulgaria (though I'm not Bulgarian myself), but I think Pulev has a chance. His fights with Dimitrekno and Ustinov proved that size alone doesn't faze him, and he must have at least some power since he stopped both of those giants. And he can be very sudden with his punches. One moment he looks like he is plodding aimlessly, the next he throws a very fast combination.

As for Wilder, I kind of want him to be the real deal, but I'm almost positive he is chinny. Why else would he be held back like this?

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
            He'll be a contender for sure. Why denying it? The guy punches like a horse kicks.

He'll make easy work of some of the current day contenders and then get KOd in one or two rounds when he steps up.
            He is a serious HW contender at this point. Time will tell if he becomes a HW champ or not. He has all the tools. The HW division is getting really good,right now. He needs to step it up some but his people are doing things the right way and not rushing him.

Comment

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
              He is a serious HW contender at this point. Time will tell if he becomes a HW champ or not. He has all the tools. The HW division is getting really good,right now. He needs to step it up some but his people are doing things the right way and not rushing him.
              No, he is not. You can't be a serious contender if you have yet to beat even a competent journeyman. There is a difference between "not rushing" a prospect and having him fight opponents like Audley Harrison and Nicolai Firtha five years and 25+ fights into his pro career.

Again, I kind of like the guy, but he is not a contender yet. He is at best a prospect. Even Tyson Fury (who I think is a hypejob and an unmitigated a-hole) has a MUCH better resume.

Comment

I believe that Deontey Wilder is the new Michael Grant

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                  Well, I'm probably biased because I have very strong ties to Bulgaria (though I'm not Bulgarian myself), but I think Pulev has a chance. His fights with Dimitrekno and Ustinov proved that size alone doesn't faze him, and he must have at least some power since he stopped both of those giants. And he can be very sudden with his punches. One moment he looks like he is plodding aimlessly, the next he throws a very fast combination.

As for Wilder, I kind of want him to be the real deal, but I'm almost positive he is chinny. Why else would he be held back like this?
                  I think Pulev has the tools to win against many of the other contenders at the moment. He's big and tough and can box, but he's all right for Wlad. I just think it will be a completely one-sided affair with Wlad stopping him in 12 (if he can pull himself together and go for the kill). That's why I don't see it as particularly interesting and with all due respect to Ustinov and Dimitrenko, they are no where near on Wlad's level despite being similar in size or bigger than him.

Originally posted by marvelousmatt View Post
                  No he's not.

He hasn't even beaten a fringe contender, so he can't be considered anything other than a prospect still. Which is sad considering he's had more fights than many of the other contenders.

Comment

I believe in that right hand of his, make of it what you like!

Comment

The heavyweight division died when Lennox and Holyfield were done.

Comment

Working...
                      X