This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    I disagree. I think most don't care about this **** or care very lil about it &/or they quickly forget about it. I mean hell man guys get caught & they do their suspension & its all good when they comeback.

Most importantly I don't think people realize certain realities with PEDs & thats one of the main reasons I'm pro PEDs cuz I think its unreasonable to be able to stop the gains made by people who use PEDs with how things are currently thought about & done in boxing (plus as I've said numerous times I wanna be ringside for The Hulk vs The Thing in 20-30yrs, I love the idea of improved human performance via science).

1)You need year round testing for PED testing for it to mean anything. You can ***** & complain about the issues with getting that done, but the bottom line is testing means f#ck all for a specific fight as guys using most PEDs who are in possession of a working brain would use out of competition.

And 2)there have been studies that suggest using certain PEDs can have lasting if not lifelong athletically beneficial changes to the body. So if a guy used PEDs over a 6 month layoff (which most elite guys have had at some point) & cycled off before a fight to pass drug testing its possible that guy could be seeing benefits of that PED usage during that one layoff period for years to come. Once you don't catch him over a decent usage period he's potentially good for the rest of his athletic career.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/next/bo...-last-decades/

And those are just the two biggest realities I don't think people think about when all this sorta talk gets going on (besides PEDs don't make you Superman, there are guys getting KTFO & catching L's that are dirty, that UK HW is the best example). Everything you're talking about is virtually meaningless unless the fighters are stupid or careless.
    Steroids basically do turn you into superman physically, no doubt about that, skills wise it's different, but allowing PED's in boxing will just turn it into bodybuilding where guys will just try to outdo the others.

Btw the modern VADA-esque testing still helps because guys will have to jump on stuff to bring their testosterone back to normal levels.
    Last edited by SplitSecond; 11-06-2015, 11:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
      Just making a comparison.

The only agenda I have is getting Home Depot to shorten the range on their WIFI so you can't post from across the street on the corner.
      Also, how are you getting WiFi from standing outside of McDonalds picketing them to raise your minimum wage to $15? You people can't even get orders right, but want to raise minimum wage? lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        I agree that there should be advanced testing for every fight, whether it be VADA, USADA, or the commission pays for it. Ideally, I think the commission and the sanctioning bodies should pay for it.
        The WBC just started this last month, they are enforcing this for their championship fights, but for some reason Cotto-Roc rejected this and didnot allow the WBC to enforce it...

It is with great pleasure to announce that the WBC (World Boxing Council) has joined forces with VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) to initiate the WBC CLEAN BOXING PROGRAM first proposed by our late President Dr.Jose Sulaiman Ch. Now under the directive of our President Mauricio Sulaiman this program will be another WBC dream come true.

Along with the invaluable support and tireless efforts of VADA and President Dr. Margaret Goodman, the PROGRAM will start with our participation in the testing funding for the upcoming Super Lightweight Division World Championship between Viktor Postol (Ukr) and Lucas Matthysse (Arg) scheduled October the 3rd 2015 for the vacant WBC Superlightweight world championship.

The WBC-VADA program is quite ambitious, and its main goal aside from testing is to educate the athletes on the danger and disadvantages that doping can bring to their present and future wellbeing, along with the penalties in testing positive for prohibited substances, in or out of competition.

The WBC-VADA initiative tutorials as well as complete policies and procedures will be available to all through our WBC website. It is the WBC’s firm position to become a bastion of a drug free boxing profession.

- See more at: http://wbcboxing.com/WBCVADA/2015/09....THD3wi6H.dpuf

Comment

• Cotto is roided to the gills. Pity it won't do him any good if he fights GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
            i believe that WBC was trying to do that for this fight , but for some reason cotto-roc nation rejected ... if im not mistaken they enforced that for lucas-postol and lil G-Lepule, although a bit too late for the second fight... golden boy was involved for both fights and had no problem with it...
            i think that next year will be a very interesting year for testing & boxing.....

I'm hoping cotto still does at least the usada testing like in that thread I read before.

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              The WBC just started this last month, they are enforcing this for their championship fights, but for some reason Cotto-Roc rejected this and didnot allow the WBC to enforce it...

It is with great pleasure to announce that the WBC (World Boxing Council) has joined forces with VADA (Voluntary Anti-Doping Association) to initiate the WBC CLEAN BOXING PROGRAM first proposed by our late President Dr.Jose Sulaiman Ch. Now under the directive of our President Mauricio Sulaiman this program will be another WBC dream come true.

Along with the invaluable support and tireless efforts of VADA and President Dr. Margaret Goodman, the PROGRAM will start with our participation in the testing funding for the upcoming Super Lightweight Division World Championship between Viktor Postol (Ukr) and Lucas Matthysse (Arg) scheduled October the 3rd 2015 for the vacant WBC Superlightweight world championship.

The WBC-VADA program is quite ambitious, and its main goal aside from testing is to educate the athletes on the danger and disadvantages that doping can bring to their present and future wellbeing, along with the penalties in testing positive for prohibited substances, in or out of competition.

The WBC-VADA initiative tutorials as well as complete policies and procedures will be available to all through our WBC website. It is the WBC’s firm position to become a bastion of a drug free boxing profession.

- See more at: http://wbcboxing.com/WBCVADA/2015/09....THD3wi6H.dpuf
              The thing is, as a champion for the WBC (once they have become a champion) they have a choice as the "A-side" to voluntarily do testing but Cotto rejected

Comment

• Originally posted by PeasantCrusha View Post
                Meanwhile Marquez KO's Pacquiao at age 40 with ONE shot and with a chest full of acne but he is a hero in Tiajuana. Gotta love the peasants...

Margarito comes to fight with casts in his gloves but his win is "legit"

Cotto is clean... But I would recommend the proud Morales-Way for Cotto. Throw a few tainted beef steaks on that grill and blame it on the weekend barbecue. You know Canelo is on that Beef ala Morales "diet..."

I smell fear in the dusty pueblo...

"Cotto is going to "Jose Cotto" Canelo's jaw...Better get conspiracy theory launched on Nov. 6th."

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                LOL so "suspicious wraps" in Mosley fight= plaster in Cotto fight but you unibrow Cotto Jotto buttboys just want to sweep this under the rug? Has there ever been more of a hypocritical fan base in any sport?

Pac catch weight- "He drained mi papi Cotto "

Cotto-Geale catchweight "My papi is a legend, he can demand whatever weight he wants, A-side betches!"

Cotto has backne like a mofo right now. Why do you think he doesn't take off his shirt for the workouts anymore?

If by "Jose Cotto" do you mean get a decent punch in and then get knocked the fck out a few rounds later?

Comment

Working...
                X