Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgos/Martinez Anyone else not surprised it was close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Refer to the -Kev- post then. Maybe you'll get clearer understanding of what I was trying to say. The NFC championship game is on, I don't got time for long ass posts. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Clearer understanding of what? Not knowing how to judge a pretty easy fight?
    Typical NSB, when someone doesn't agree with you, you either dont know anything or are a troll.

The truth is, you're not a professional judge therefore your OPINION is no better than mine. Carry on.

I said don't be surprised if this fight is closer than you people actually had it and sure enough 2 judges had it differently.

I'm not saying it wasnt a robbery or anything. I'm just saying I'm not surprised of the outcome and I can see why. HBO commentators were making it sound like this fight was some Abril-Rios type fight when in reality it wasn't.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      BS only allows 4 pictures per post. If I had the time, I'd get 100 more. I was making a point of the exaggeration on NSB. "Landed no punches".
      Who said he didnt land anything? I dont think theres ever been a 12 round fight where a figther "landed no punches"

Comment

I had it a close fight with Burgos defeated!! He was getting hurt badly to the body with hooks that made him raise his foot off the canvas! He was outboxed and although he gave a good effort I felt Martinez scored to the body and head and showed more boxing skills. He repeatedly caught Burgos off balanced and had him frustrated throughout most of the fight!
        It was a good action fight but Martinez earned a close win!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso
          I had it a close fight with Burgos defeated!! He was getting hurt badly to the body with hooks that made him raise his foot off the canvas! He was outboxed and although he gave a good effort I felt Martinez scored to the body and head and showed more boxing skills. He repeatedly caught Burgos off balanced and had him frustrated throughout most of the fight!
          It was a good action fight but Martinez earned a close win!! Ray.
          I think you got the names mixed up.

Comment

yeah lets give Martinez credit for his ineffective aggression

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
              Typical NSB, when someone doesn't agree with you, you either dont know anything or are a troll.

The truth is, you're not a professional judge therefore your OPINION is no better than mine. Carry on.

I said don't be surprised if this fight is closer than you people actually had it and sure enough 2 judges had it differently.

I'm not saying it wasnt a robbery or anything. I'm just saying I'm not surprised of the outcome and I can see why. HBO commentators were making it sound like this fight was some Abril-Rios type fight when in reality it wasn't.

The 2 judges had complete opposite scorecards, which one of these "professionals" had the right score? This wasnt Duran-Leonard 1 where it was hard as fcuk to score, it was really easy actually. Yea im not a corrupt POS who gets money to score fights for a certain guy AKA a professional judge

HBO was making the fight sound exactly like it actually went, an easy comfortable decision for Burgos. Simple

Comment

Burgos won easy, i thought it would be closer but Burgos dominated him clearly

Comment

jsfd26......................sometimes it sux to get old!!! hahaha! Yes I had the names wrong!! Thanx Ray

Comment

You don't need experience to judge a fight,for f^ck sake.It's a very,very easy process - particularly in fight in which the fight is so blatantly simple to score.

Martinez received about as blatant a gift decision as you will ever see in this sport.He received one in his last fight,but that was nowhere near as decisive as this was.

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
                    HBO commentators were making it sound like this fight was some Abril-Rios type fight when in reality it wasn't.

No,it was more clear-cut than that.Difference being,Burgos didn't have to rely on excessive clinching throughout the fight unlike Abril.

Comment

Working...
                    X