Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burgos/Martinez Anyone else not surprised it was close?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Russian Crushin
    Quote: Originally Posted by jsfd26 Like I posted in another thread like this one: I thought Burgos won but I told the guys in the RBR thread don't be surprised if this fight is actually closer. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android That makes no sense.....unless so you expected him to get robbed
    Refer to the -Kev- post then. Maybe you'll get clearer understanding of what I was trying to say. The NFC championship game is on, I don't got time for long ass posts. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

close my ass, if you think it was close then please stop trying to score and judge the fight and just enjoy the fight.

This fight was not close at all, was a shut out for Burgos who dominated the whole fight, he dictated every facet of boxing's scoring criteria. No way martinez won this fight let alone anywhere close to 6 rounds.

Definition of a Robbery.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I had it 7-5 for Burgos and i'm not complaining about a Draw. I didn't think that was a robbery. The fight was close, fans get too excited either by commentators or something else. I don't let anything at all affect my judgement except the action in the fight. And what I saw was a close fight that Martinez certainly did not win, but let's stop acting like Burgos completely dominated every round and left no room for a round to be stolen by Martinez. A lot of rounds Burgos slacked off in while Martinez was working and working. He kept coming for more and swinging away. Of course the HBO crew like always, can't seem to call a neutral fight, except for Roy Jones and Paulie.
        It would be nice if he was actually swinging and landing instead of just swinging away

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
          Refer to the -Kev- post then. Maybe you'll get clearer understanding of what I was trying to say. The NFC championship game is on, I don't got time for long ass posts. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
          Clearer understanding of what? Not knowing how to judge a pretty easy fight?

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
            It would be nice if he was actually swinging and landing instead of just swinging away
            He was landing,

HBO commentators just didn't care enough. And viewers only care about what HBO comments on and replays.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
              Clearer understanding of what? Not knowing how to judge a pretty easy fight?
              Lol, who doesn't know how to judge a "pretty easy fight"? I had it 7-5 Burgos, you had 8-4 Burgos. One round difference, so you don't know sh-t about judging either.

Comment

He was landing,

HBO commentators just didn't care enough. And viewers only care about what HBO comments on and replays.
                Yea, and Burgos was landing MORE.

Way more actually and with very effective body punching

Comment

He was landing,

nice that you took your time to find the 4 only punches he landed in the fight. thank you

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                    nice that you took your time to find the 4 only punches he landed in the fight. thank you
                    BS only allows 4 pictures per post. If I had the time, I'd get 100 more. I was making a point of the exaggeration on NSB. "Landed no punches".

Comment

After finally catching the fight I can't believe the scores..... Burgos clearly won

Comment

Working...
                      X