No announcement yet.

Boxers who should step up their level of opposition in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrien Broner and Kell Brook.

Two prospects I like but need to take that next step in terms of opposition.

Both fighters have talent but need to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
      You misunderstand the thread then.

Kell Brook

Canelo

Seth Mitchell

Mike Jones

Anthony Dirrell

Mikey Garcia
      I do understand I just feel all fighters should have tough entertainiong fights or not fight at all.

Comment

Dear Suliaman and the other corrupt crooks at the WBC, almost every post says Chavez Jr and Canelo. The boxing world is trying to deliver a message to you!

Comment

Originally posted by El.Naranjito707 View Post
          I do understand I just feel all fighters should have tough entertainiong fights or not fight at all.
          "Step up the opposition" That's the point. In Angulo's case he would continue fighting tough guys. He can't really step too far up from his last fight. He took a beating.

When a fighter gets destroyed its understandable if they need tune-ups. This is his life and career were talking about. To fight a Sergio Martinez type fighter after that beating would shorten his career and his life.

Its easy to say that every fight should be tough and entertaining when you not the guy getting hit. Some times you need stepping stones and position yourself to take that risk when its worth it. Putting your life on the line for peanuts is brave but stupid.

Comment

a must

da main 1 is chavez jr....he been fightin bumbs 4 two long and kell brooks definitely needs 2 step up cause he might have potential...timothy bradley and canelo are the runners up

Comment

Originally posted by brains4boxing View Post
              da main 1 is chavez jr....he been fightin bumbs 4 two long and kell brooks definitely needs 2 step up cause he might have potential...timothy bradley and canelo are the runners up
              JC Chavez Jr is indeed the most over-protected fighter in the sport. He's just a cash cow for greedy old Bob Arum.

I give Canelo a pass for now because he's still young.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                JC Chavez Jr is indeed the most over-protected fighter in the sport. He's just a cash cow for greedy old Bob Arum.

He's fighting Rubio.

That's a step up.

Comment

So isn't Chavez and they've been fighting approximately the same amount of time. Do your double standards ever end?

It's about time they both stepped it up.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

So isn't Chavez and they've been fighting approximately the same amount of time. Do your double standards ever end?
                    Chavez is age 25 and Alvarez is just age 21. If Alvarez was even 23 I'd say he should step up, but at age 21 he's still very young so I'll give him a pass for now.

Joseph Benedetti, since you have me on your ignore list and I can't add you to mine, you shouldn't be posting in my threads.

But you're just like a schoolyard bully, with no sense of fairness and good sportsmanship.

Saddest part of it is, you're a middle-aged man who should know better.

Comment

Chavez is age 25 and Alvarez is just age 21. If Alvarez was even 23 I'd say he should step up, but at age 21 he's still very young so I'll give him a pass for now.

What does a measly few years in age have to do with anything? If they have both been fighting about the same amount of time against the same type of competition than the same standard should hold true for one as it is the other.

Joseph Benedetti, since you have me on your ignore list and I can't add you to mine, you shouldn't be posting in my threads.

But you're just like a schoolyard bully, with no sense of fairness and good sportsmanship.

Saddest part of it is, you're a middle-aged man who should know better.

You're on my ignore list so you can't enter my threads with the intent purpose to troll and insult. Im perfectly willing to keep the subject on boxing. You one the other hand....every time you post with someone who ruffles your feathers you start trouble instead of talk boxing. See the latter part of your post as proof. And you will of course focus on this part of my post instead of what I wrote above because thats would you do when you're exposed.

PS - I'll post in any thread I want...live with it.

Comment

Working...
                      X