Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle Of Ohio. Who Wins? Adrien Broner vs Shawn Porter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad matchup for Broner. Porter's smothering style would be like Broner trying to peel an octopus off of him and Broner does not fight a classic boxing style that it takes that Brook employed. Porter smothers Broner and makes him very uncomfortable. Problem is, Broner will not fight a 147 pound fighter and I doubt Porter is coming down to 143/144.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      Bad matchup for Broner. Porter's smothering style would be like Broner trying to peel an octopus off of him and Broner does not fight a classic boxing style that it takes that Brook employed. Porter smothers Broner and makes him very uncomfortable. Problem is, Broner will not fight a 147 pound fighter and I doubt Porter is coming down to 143/144.
      The Money for this kind of fight in Ohio will be tough for Porter to turn down. BRONER IS THE A SIDE. FACT!!!!!!!

What he says goes

Comment

Originally posted by BrushMyHair View Post
        The Money for this kind of fight in Ohio will be tough for Porter to turn down. BRONER IS THE A SIDE. FACT!!!!!!!

What he says goes
        Oh please. If he got a shot at a rematch with Brook he would blow off Broner and his catchweight BS in a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
          Oh please. If he got a shot at a rematch with Brook he would blow off Broner and his catchweight BS in a second.
          Brook will fight Khan some time in November.

Comment

Ffs made a thread about this, didn't see this one.

I got Porter winning this fight comfortably.

Comment

Poor Broner, Porter will rough him up and ragdoll him all night long. Seems like Haymon doesn't defend him anymore. It was time.
              Go Porter

Comment

Porter fights like a ******ed Maidana. Porter UD, maybe late stoppage.

Comment

Kelly Pavlik of 2006-2007 knocks both of them out at 160. Too bad Pavlik knocked himself out with alcohol.

I say Porter beats Broner. Broner is alright, not a top tier fighter.

Comment

Porter walks him down. Broner has nothing to keep him off him.

Comment

I think Broner pulls it off. I know many people will be influenced by the Maidana fight but Porter doesn't hit as hard as Maidana and isn't anywhere near as awkward with his punches. Yes he has the physical strength which will be a issue but he often smothers his punches.

Porter is wide open to counter when he lunges in, even in his last fight Bone was tagging him clean. Broner has good enough pop to get a fighters respect and is good at countering in the pocket.

Plus you have the catchweight, Porter couldn't even sweat at the Brook weigh-in and always looks dry when the fight starts, another 3 lbs is going to hurt him.

Broner by MD... close fight because of Broner's inactivity in some rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X