No announcement yet.

Outline your strategy/tactics and skills to defeat a certain opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outline your strategy/tactics and skills to defeat a certain opponent

I am fairly short 5 6/ 5 7 and the majority of people I spar are taller than me.

My strategy is to be either all the way on the outside or all the way on the inside so I can hit my opponent more and for him to hit me less, ideally!

My tactics is to get inside by jabbing to the body, double jab, fakes and slips to the right and to the left.

Once on the inside I can let go of two three punches, pivot and move, throw a few more and get out.

Now that I am out I will try to make the opponent run into punches, again ideally! If my initial attacks led to success now the opponent will be looking for payback, he's losing the round so he might as well try to do something. I will move, move all the way on the outside and sooner or later he will get a little more desperate and will possibly overcommit at which point he will be closer than where he would want to be and I could let go of a few punches and get him.

So my tactics are to initiate being on the inside by being aggressive or to initiate it by being passive and luring my opponent to do it so he can be run into punches. I'll try to switch these two tactics throughout the boxing match just so I'm less predictible.

My skills I have quick feet and quick hands. So when I decide to get in I can do so and when I want to stay on the outside I can do it too. When my opponent is just as fast then I'll have to come up with trickery and deception - fakes, attacks to the body to the head, lead rights, lead hooks, fakes, peak-a-boo, covering up, getting very low in my stance, stillness, a lot of head movement and hopefully all of this can give me an advantage.

This is my strategy,my tactics and my skills when facing a taller opponent as it is usually the case for me. What are yours?

My main strategy when entering a bout was extremely well visualized before hand, see it happen and then make it happen. Win at all costs. My tactic was one that I found to be ingenious in the ring. Here it is.... I punch him in his face as many times as I can and then I'd make him miss. Then, I'd punch him in his face some more and then I'd 'git out da way'. Repeat until a bell rings. When another bell rings punch him in his face, etc.

Truthfully, if you can pull this off you will be pretty tough to beat.

Good luck.............. Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 02-11-2014, 12:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X