No announcement yet.

Bert Sugar RIP

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
    I agree about Scott Joseph and JAB, they ruin this section like no-one else.

Banned for more than a year and he's still a bitter little man. That post is exactly why he'll never freely post in this section again.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
      Banned for more than a year and he's still a bitter little man. That post is exactly why he'll never freely post in this section again.
      Yeah, I'm not sure he realised that he could have just put it all behind him and he would still be allowed to post here. Instead he kept going now he's banned indefinitely.

RIP Bert Sugar, even though I never agreed with a lot of what he said (particularly his ludicrous over-rating of Jack Dempsey.) he was a cool guy to listen to and could string a story together like no other.

Comment

Mr.Sugar was a old school sports writer first then a boxing fan! He had opinions based on experiences in the sport and was old enough to see the great fighters from the late 30s up till now. I always found him to be a gentlman and the hat & cigar was to draw attention to himself for an effect, his opinions however were honestly his and the man knew the legendary fighters, trainers, managers, promotors and matchmakers which puts his opinions highly above the people who don't know anyone in boxing! HA! Ray.

Comment

This thread is about the late Bert Sugar, guys.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post

I don't mind that he hates me. It puts us on equal terms. But I do resent the outright lies about all those great fighters from the past who I supposedly trashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I don't mind that he hates me. It puts us on equal terms. But I do resent the outright lies about all those great fighters from the past who I supposedly trashed.
              Doesn't matter now, I requested a ban and he's gone until his next incarnation.

Comment

Working...
              X