Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: "Mosley's too old for Pac... who wants to see that" (Article From 4 Months Ago)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arum: "Mosley's too old for Pac... who wants to see that" (Article From 4 Months Ago)

"I guess Shane needs the money due to his matrimonial sitaution (a divorce under harsh California community property rules)," Arum said. "I've always considered Shane to be a nice guy but this is what happens to fighters when they age.
    "It's like (Bernard) Hopkins, he still knows how to fight but who wants to pay to see him now? His fights are not very scintillating. What you see with Hopkins we're beginning to see with Mosley."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz196P8Imk3

This was barely four months ago... but now since Shane has left GBP and Arum can get more money from the fight all has changed... this fight is a fkn joke man, I hate what promotors have done to boxing

Promoters deserve the blame...Sure but the fighters deserve the bigger share of the blame. If they don't sign the fight doesn't happen simple.

Comment

*Plays 2005 HBO PPV Credit music while laughing about the absurd Match up that will come before us on May 7th.*

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
        Promoters deserve the blame...Sure but the fighters deserve the bigger share of the blame. If they don't sign the fight doesn't happen simple.
        yea I agree to that as well homie...

Comment

The most telling part of that SI piece is this:

"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

The more things change...

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

"I have to constantly be aware of this, the flak from the naysayers. We've faced with (Antonio) Margarito for Nov. 13 and we got real, instant flak. But now even the naysayers are looking at that just as a fight. Now the pendulum is swinging the other way and they're saying maybe Antonio is too strong or too big for Manny."

Photobucket

Comment

good find--but, that's the point--arum even admitted that he lies--he changes his stance more than john kerry-lol-he and freddy roach bash floyd, but they have to be the dumbest promoter/trainer in the world, when they basically overrate manny by listing his opponent's flaws-lol--

floyd is so much smarter than roach, pacquiao, and arum combined-

Comment

how can arum make that claim, but then go on to have manny fight the guy who that old man shane dusted-hopefully the veil is starting to finally come off of people's eyes with toprank-but, i won't hold my breath though, especially with people on here-lol

Comment

Originally posted by pbftxrs316 View Post
                  good find--but, that's the point--arum even admitted that he lies--he changes his stance more than john kerry-lol-he and freddy roach bash floyd, but they have to be the dumbest promoter/trainer in the world, when they basically overrate manny by listing his opponent's flaws-lol--

floyd is so much smarter than roach, pacquiao, and arum combined-

BEFORE the Floyd vs Mosley fight, your hero admitted that he had a game plan that was perfect against Mosley because Mosley is OLD.

So Floyd knew that Mosley was OLD and listed the opponent's flaws on TV - lol..... where have I heard that before? Oh, wait ...!

Comment

Mosely was with GBP then thats why.

Comment

Working...
                    X