Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Else Noticing Harsh Criticism from Casual Fans About Saturday Night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Else Noticing Harsh Criticism from Casual Fans About Saturday Night?

Let me just say, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to defend Floyd Mayweather lol. But since Sunday morning, from a lot of casual fans I run into, to the media, etc, I've noticed a lot of harsh criticism not so much on Floyd himself, but Boxing in general.

I've noticed people calling the fight boring, a good majority of people I watched the fight with got up and just mingled outside, ESPN's PTI made a mockery of the fight before and after the actual fight, etc.

I understand casual fans and ESPN analysts aren't the go-to guys to find out what's really going on in Boxing, but it's pretty sad that Mayweather has one of his best (if not THE) best performance of his career against whom many considered his toughest fight, yet its made a mockery of.

Your thoughts?

If you found it boring it wasn't Floyd's fault...I enjoyed the majority of it...

Comment

coming from a huge Pac fan....anyone who says that fight was boring needs to be shot. Props to both Floyd and Shane for putting on a great show.

Comment

i enjoy it and everyone i had over did too it was the dismantle of sugar shane

Comment

A lot of my buddies who don't watch boxing very mch thought it was a good fight. They were all excited about the 2nd round ofc they'd rather see a knockout then a boxing clinic, but overall they enjoyed it.

Comment

Everyone I work with came up to me raving about the fight. They were excited and liked the early drama as well as the momentum turning. PTI guys shouldn't comment on boxing. They are not familiar with it even though they attend fights sometimes. They also can't stand Floyd..lol

Comment

I honestly don't know how any serious boxing fan could think that was a boring fight.

Comment

yeah its sad, the espn 1st and 10 idiots said floyd did what he was suppose to do because shane is a human punching bag lol. it was a great performance by floyd and shane is a warrior and no punching bag, but shane never put up his guard and tried to block punches and he had no jab so shane looked alot worse a fighter than what he really is.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravishing View Post
                  Let me just say, I never thought I'd see the day where I'd have to defend Floyd Mayweather lol. But since Sunday morning, from a lot of casual fans I run into, to the media, etc, I've noticed a lot of harsh criticism not so much on Floyd himself, but Boxing in general.

I've noticed people calling the fight boring, a good majority of people I watched the fight with got up and just mingled outside, ESPN's PTI made a mockery of the fight before and after the actual fight, etc.

I understand casual fans and ESPN analysts aren't the go-to guys to find out what's really going on in Boxing, but it's pretty sad that Mayweather has one of his best (if not THE) best performance of his career against whom many considered his toughest fight, yet its made a mockery of.

Your thoughts?
                  this fight was billed to be a super fight and it fell short. I think thats why casual fans got mad. it was uncompetitive. they thought it was gonna be another SRL vs Hearns.

Comment

PTI after the fight?

It hasnt even aired yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X