No announcement yet.

Danny Green hit Jones in the same spot that Johnson did

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Green hit Jones in the same spot that Johnson did

I just got the Johnson-Jones fight from my friend I had never seen it before, and it looked like Jones got hit with the same punch in the same spot from both Johnson and Green. A right hook to the left side of Jone's head and both knocked him out. He must have broke something there and never got repaired. It sucks to see now how much Jones has declined from the time he started until where he is now.

I said it before, it's not Jones chin, but rather the left side of his skull, he even knows it himself, after the KD, he moves his hand to block that side of his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
      I said it before, it's not Jones chin, but rather the left side of his skull, he even knows it himself, after the KD, he moves his hand to block that side of his head.
      You're right. I dont remember exactly where Jones got knocked out with against Tarver, but in both these fights it was right on the left side of skull and both dropped him.

Comment

Originally posted by sweetpea87 View Post
        You're right. I dont remember exactly where Jones got knocked out with against Tarver, but in both these fights it was right on the left side of skull and both dropped him.
        It's possible that he perhaps has a scull fracture, or just a thin peice of his skull there, he seemed acutely aware of it after the knockdown, he was still there in his eyes, but his legs were gone, if he fights again you can bet he will guard that spot.

Comment

Just went and checked, Tarver KO was on the left side of the chin, but not on the tip of the chin, more like half way up the jaw, may be a left sided problem for Roy.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl-Hickey View Post
            It's possible that he perhaps has a scull fracture, or just a thin peice of his skull there, he seemed acutely aware of it after the knockdown, he was still there in his eyes, but his legs were gone, if he fights again you can bet he will guard that spot.
            That sounds about right. Johnson knocked himm cold but he did get up against Green even though he got stopped.

Comment

Haven't seen the fight yet. I had a bad feeling about it when they announced it. Green looked like he hit to hard for Roy at this point in his career. Was Roy against the ropes when the KO happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Dick Valentine View Post
                Haven't seen the fight yet. I had a bad feeling about it when they announced it. Green looked like he hit to hard for Roy at this point in his career. Was Roy against the ropes when the KO happened?
                Green actually doesn't hit that hard, at the start of the fight it was clear that Roy had a big hand speed advantage, and i was expecting him to clown the fellow, but Green just landed a good shot, it would never happen in a rematch, but he just hit the sweet-spot.

Like I say, Roy was still fully conscious, he knew exactly where he was, but he couldn't get his legs working.

Comment

Working...
                X