No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Spence Can Possibly Face Golovkin in Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Spence Can Possibly Face Golovkin in Time

WBA/WBC/WBO welterweight champion Floyd Mayweather Jr. (48-0, 26KOs) could see rising contender Errols Spence Jr. (17-0, 14KOs) - currently at 147-pounds - eventually get up in weight to the middleweight division.

Mayweather plans to fight on September 12th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas, and wants Spence to return on the undercard in a title fight against Keith Thurman or Shawn Porter.

Because of his size, Mayweather sees Spence heading up to 154, and then eventually going up to the middleweight limit of 160-pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Inb4 they call it a duck.

Comment

Is Mayweather Errol Spence's promoter? Serious question posters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
        Is Mayweather Errol Spence's promoter? Serious question posters.
        Spence is unpromoted however the last event was a Mayweather Promotions card. Spence is managed by Al Haymon if that's what you're asking.

As long as there is "A" proper licenced promoter to promote an event, they are free to hop on and off wherever they please.

Comment

na the excuse by then will be something like this "ggg outgrew 160 and he cant go to 154 anymore that was only for big fights...matter of fact he's going to 168...no check that let me see if ward's gone yet..no he's not gone..he's just going to stay at 160..yea i know i said he outgrew 160, but i meant he just has a harder time making it now sense he is older...he beat canelo..he doesnt need anyone else on his resume...and no spence cant come to 160 without earning it first.."

PROTECTION PLAN FANS I HAVE U DOWN TO A SCIENCE

Comment

Originally posted by boxingsupreme87 View Post
            Spence is unpromoted however the last event was a Mayweather Promotions card. Spence is managed by Al Haymon if that's what you're asking.

As long as there is "A" proper licenced promoter to promote an event, they are free to hop on and off wherever they please.
            Thanks, really didnt know much about who promotes or manages him.

Comment

WTF is Floyd smoking? By the time Spence settles in at 160 GGG would've moved up & then Floyd fans will cry GGG moved up an entire weight division to duck Spence

Comment

Spence is road-kill. First big hook that Golovlin connects on and he'll be on Bambi legs.

Comment

Spence is Mayweather's new Vargas/Broner. (expect this time Spence actually looks good).

There was a thread not so long ago about 'hype quotes'. Mayweather's recent quotes could find a place in that thread.

Comment

Since Adrien Bummer is done, Floyd's looking for a new prospect to build up!

Comment

Working...
                    X