Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the most dangerous punches comming from a southpaw?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the most dangerous punches comming from a southpaw?

Please order them from most to least dangerous, top 5

I have this

1) straight left to chin

2) right hook to temple

3) left shovel hook to the liver

4) left hook with a slip to chin (think pacman hatton)

5) left uppercut to chin

The most dangerous punch is the one you can land. There are many variables, think about it. There is no catch all list.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yeah those are the more obvious punches but like the poster above said you can use angles for some pretty unorthodox punches. For example you could land a straight left to the liver if you set it up right. Or a left hook to the jaw while slipping an orthodox jab. De la rosa was stopped with a left hook like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuckoo View Post
        Yeah those are the more obvious punches but like the poster above said you can use angles for some pretty unorthodox punches. For example you could land a straight left to the liver if you set it up right. Or a left hook to the jaw while slipping an orthodox jab. De la rosa was stopped with a left hook like that.
        nice tips cheers brosef

Comment

Originally posted by Rockin'
          Right hooks are the most dangerous.......... Rockin'
          cheers bro!

Why is that do you think?

Do you mean a loaded right hook that comes after a cross or a right hook coming straight from the stance which is less powerful?

Comment

Right hooks are the most dangerous.......... Rockin'
            Really? I mean it kind of makes sense since it would be easier to land against an orthodox but you never really use it to start a combination unless you are fast. Is it just the angles which make it dangerous? The reason I'm asking is I've only ever been taught to use it after a straight. Never as a counter against an orthodox

Comment

you'll see the straight lefts coming in but quite often you won't see the right hooks coming in because of how close the opponents fist is to your head when coming out of the southpaw stance. They can surprise you......... Rockin'
              Thanks Rockin also what is triangle theory? Your avatar says SRR by triangle theory!?

Comment

It's nothing really, a forum member put it up there.

He says that I beat a guy who beat a guy etc....... who beat a guy who beat Robinson.

I never cared to fact check the statement, so I just left it up there........ Rockin'
                lol thanks man!

Comment

The ones that land just like with an orthodox

Comment

Working...
                  X